What's new

Dolphin (SVN) discussion thread

X-Fi6

The dll's and folders should be included in the source code when it is downloaded from the repository, at least it was when I downloaded the code from the repository.

The folders/dll's are in the root of the "Binary" directory and the folders should be in the root of the "Binary" directory as well. The only thing compiling does is compile the code for the plugins and dolphinwx.exe.
o_o I don't EVER remember having to move dlls and folders and stuff from a while ago. I remember being able to delete everything (except my ISOs, which are somewhere else on my hard drive), checking out a new working copy of Dolphin, compiling it as Release x64, and running it. At least I kind of do. I could be wrong, though.....

At least now I see where they are, now. Right before the Binary folder :p How I couldn't even look there is beyond me.

@SS: I never accused them of being bad.

Last edited:

MMORPG889

thx guys :)
ive got a question about wii games if i want to play them , can i play it just with my keyboard? or is a tool needed?

jos90

Uhm.. hoy people, it's only me that is having troubles setting the joypad? When i play Smash Bros. for example it only moves upper left or bottom right, it means thati it's impossible to choose a character, even to play.. what should i do? The only plugins that should work with the joypad is the nJoy ...

EDIT: Yes you can play them with the mouse and the keyboard..

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

Revision 1804 x86 and x64 uploaded, a little notification for those who don't check the site or check it everyday for updated builds. :)

Also I'll be getting ready to test my first Wii games in Dolphin and see how they perform.

I am unable to compile the music mod and just get errors when attempting to compile, yet others can compile without an issue so I'm not sure what is going on. I don't think it's an issue with my VS2008 install as I am able to compile everything else without an issue.

MMORPG889

Xtreme i saw ur thread about "Compatibility List" why they are using older versions like Revision SVN 1122 to play Mario Kart Wii.Is the newest version of SVNRevision1804 not better?

dolphin emu is new for me so , i want to understand that :)

Xtreme2damax

Xtreme i saw ur thread about "Compatibility List" why they are using older versions like Revision SVN 1122 to play Mario Kart Wii.Is the newest version of SVNRevision1804 not better?

dolphin emu is new for me so , i want to understand that :)

It's probably because at the time they posted to compatibility information, they were using revision 1122 before the commits of newer revisions.

Both compatibility lists for Wii and Gamecube need to be updated to reflect fixes and changes in the newer revisions.

MMORPG889

can it be that some files miss in svn builts?, cuz i cant run wii games an example i tryed it with ssbb (i know that i dont works atm) but some1 comes till menu so i wondering what i make wrong...got some trouble with pkmn coloseum too if i start story mode the screen turnes dark to play like this not possible

LordCloudStrife

ssbb is not working, there's a patch to see the intro movie, but only this, this patch dont come with the dolphin, need to put it manually.

Xtreme2damax

Revision 1842 x86 and x64 are up...

/me wonders when Resident Evil Zero and Remake graphics will be fixed, and crashes due to JIT bugs in games like RE4 will be fixed?

Anyways I'm patient and have my Gamecube, I'm only interested in Dolphin for portability on a laptop... :p

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
This is odd. The OpenGL plugin is crashing the emulator whenever I try to load an image. I do have the Nov 2008 NVidia drivers for the graphics card. Any other ideas?
EDIT: Problem persists with Jan 8 distribution.
EDIT²: exceptioninfo.txt:
Code:
Unhandled Exception
  Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info: 
     DolphinWx!0x00000000 : ?
     0x02EB84B8 : ?
Someone's probably had this problem before, but I sure haven't found anything with the search or otherwise.
EDIT³: I found the problem. I had the "Use External Framebuffer (XFB)" setting checked.

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

Sorry I haven't posted here in a while concerning new revisions, but I just wanted to announce that I have uploaded revision 2124 x86 and x64 builds.

We have switched to a new downloads system, so new revisions may be grabbed from here now.

OpenGL crashing problem that was persistent for a while is now fixed, actually it's been fixed for about the past 100 revisions..

Dolphin Music mod and Playground builds to come soon. :)

Xtreme2damax

You can download new builds frequently from various members who compile and host new builds including myself, or you can compile them on your own.

Check my signature to get a newer build that I have just uploaded yesterday. The build on the Dolphin forum is about 3 - 5 days old now and I'm unsure if it contains the newest fixes by John Peterson for the OGL plugin in games such as Resident Evil Zero/Remake/RE4..

diablow

In SVN revision 2498 I get "Failed to create pixel shader" and "Failed to create vertex shader" errors. Using WinXP and ATI videocard.