What's new

Dolphin Speed Limit?

cerebus5

open dolphin.ini and set throttle = true.

Also change dualcore = false (though some games run slower with it on true, so just experiment).

OP
M

M@d-F!ghter

open dolphin.ini and set throttle = true.

Also change dualcore = false (though some games run slower with it on true, so just experiment).

those commands were not in that dolphin.ini yet, so i added them in a new line but doesnt change anything :(

cerebus5

What do you mean they weren't in there? They should be by default. Which SVN are you using?

You may actually need to do something to limit your processor. Dolphin's inbuilt speed moderators aren't that great. If you've got a very good processor it will just tend to keep going faster.

OP
M

M@d-F!ghter

i use r522 (newest). as i said dualcore and throttle settings are not in the dolphin.ini as default. my processor: quadcore q9550 @3,5 GHz

brubo

i use r522 (newest). as i said dualcore and throttle settings are not in the dolphin.ini as default. my processor: quadcore q9550 @3,5 GHz

You could try not overclocking your processor :p
A bit off topic perhaps, but at what voltage did you have to set it to push it to 3,5 ghz?

Bianc0neri

Off-topic:

And ask him what kind of cooling he's using too. ;)

On-topic:

Dude... The throttlesettings and other things that you can change to enhace your gameplay is in Dolphin.ini, it's for me, and for others.

OP
M

M@d-F!ghter

Off:
i was ocing for my first time but i kind of raped google for finding oc tutorials. i think i can still go up with oc a bit its not the maximum yet, just the voltage i shouldnt raise much more if not necessary, its at 1,28 now (1,25 standard)
the cores are now at 56-60° on full work. (about 70 should be defenitly maximum for my prozessor).
im using the Xigmatek S1283 Red Scorpion Edition as cooler. really quiet this thing and definitly does its job ^^

On:
maybe i have not the right version of dolphin can u upload me ur version please? i wanna see if that one works with fps limiting

Edit: there are some other bugs aswell (in ssbm):
- each music keeps playing for only 2 seconds
- there are very big and unusual shadows on the ground

Last edited:
OP
M

M@d-F!ghter

ok this one works but i have the feeling that it limits a little bit too much of the fps it makes it a little bit slower than normal