What's new

Dolphin running Bam3000 SLOW!

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Hi - I am running version 1.02 of dolphin and most games it runs at about 8fps! Which is fine! but after scanning the forum realised that many people are actually getting full speed out of Bust-A-Move 3000!!! however i get the same 8fps! Can any one help me to increase the speed of this game!

Specs

Geforce 6800 Ultra
AMD AthlonXP 3GHz
512 DDR Ram

Have graphincs sellings to Hardware supported using PS 2.0 on 640x480 res!

Many thanks!

Grant64

Pky

Ya, i think it must be because of the dynarec. The pc stats are ok for th bam, i think because it works on mine.

MGFox

The Quiet One!
ViperK8B said:
how do you turn it off?

You want to use the DynaRec for improved speed, you turn it off for improved compatibility!

But anyway, to answer the question, on the menu click Emulation->Use Dynarec. If it has a tick then its on, else its off!

Cheers,
Fox

EDIT: Damn, Vile beat me to it!

MGFox

The Quiet One!
OK Dude, both Vile and Myself have said how to switch off the DynaRec, if we've misunderstood something you're going to need to be more specific!

Cheers,
Fox

Knuckles

ViperK8B said:
how do you turn it off?

stop asking the same question, they both replied to it, if it isn't want you want, explain what you want to "turn off"...

ShadowFX

Guardian
What does Dynarec actually do, I assume this is not some sort of speed hack? (yes, searched the forums).

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
EMu-LoRd said:
What does Dynarec actually do, I assume this is not some sort of speed hack? (yes, searched the forums).

Dynarec = Dynamic Recompiler, another form of recompilation beside static recompilation (in which the emulator grabs a block of code for the targeted emulated system), then the code is then translated into native code. A DynaRec Takes executable binaries as input, analyzes their structure, applies transformations and optimizations, and outputs new optimized executable binaries.. much faster than Interpreter, which only retrieves one opcode from memory at a a time, translates what the opcode does, and then perfoms its function.

Last edited:

ViperK8B

Gamecube Fanatic
i didnt intend to ask the same question twice my net was lagging i clicked twice srry i deleated the other one.

ViperK8B

Gamecube Fanatic
whats weird for me is that it was off when it was going slow, i turn it on and it gets 50-60fps then crashs.

MGFox

The Quiet One!
ViperK8B said:
whats weird for me is that it was off when it was going slow, i turn it on and it gets 50-60fps then crashs.

MGFox said:
You want to use the DynaRec for improved speed, you turn it off for improved compatibility!

Its not wierd at all, pretty normal in fact!

How long can you play BAM before it crashes? some people have reported it crashing after a looooong period of play, I've never experianced it crash though because I've never played it for that long! If yours is crashing fairly quickly then there may be a problem, we'll need more information.

Cheers,
Fox

LostBinary

This is probably a stupid question... but anyway...

Does the games run slow on the emulator because of the computer (not strong enough graphic cards or cpu) or because of the emulator doesn't speed it up correctly yet. What I actually want to know if it will be possible to create an emulator that will run the games in full speed with example a Athlon 64 3500?

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
DarthDazDC said:
its because of the emulator.

... no. It's because the CPU is boycotting the emulator. The x86 CPU takes time to convert the Gamecube commands over to x86 commands, which kills the FPS. The emulator may have something to do with it, but it's not within my knowledge.