What's new

DOA2 really slow and other probs

Eliminator

The Eliminator
hey im new to the dreamcast emulation scene but not to the whole emulation scene... so i just got DOA2 runing... and its terribly slow.... its the PAL version... i made an image of it and its mounted with daemon tools... my computer specs are in my sig below and im using catalyst 4.8.... i noticed a smal boost by turning off VMS for the controller... i tried fooling around with the CPU speed thing with + or - but didnt really help.... also the controler rumbles to show its working when the emulator starts but in game thers no rumble even though i enabled it in the game menu and in the plugins menu... and it keeps telling me it cant save.... so is there anythin else i can try.... what speeds are others getting.... for me its around low 20s fps when fighting and its the same at any resolution

Cid

Join the club buddy. DOA2 is slow for almost for eveyone. I get about 20 fps as well. The rumble does not work for DOA2. Play Soul Calibur if you want rumble :)

OP
Eliminator

Eliminator

The Eliminator
yup i fooled around with it a bit more.... got the memory card to work... but good to kno im not the only one with slowdowns....

IceWarm

I too have slow downs on DOA2 also. So it looks like this is something with the emulator and now on the end-user's system. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future Chankast release.

dobbs2010

I have found that decreasing the cpu speed within chankast by pressing the minus key increases the frame rate by quite a bit. The lowest you can go is 50, but that solves the problem for me.

Dobbs

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Use the utilities and you can decrease it to 1.
ANd it's depending on the game and your processor whether decrease or increase the cpu means a higher framrate.

OP
Eliminator

Eliminator

The Eliminator
how do u work those utilities.....it just says wrong folder every time i try to install