What's new

Dk64

Blue_Flame

Hey, I got DK64 but I can't get the sound to work, amd I can't skip through the opening rap (before the menu). I hit the auto Auto-CF button and so I could see the rap, but no sound. all I could hear was the very beginning "OK" thing and the bit of music with the N symbol. I couldn't get any sound at all until i tried shibo's plugin either. Help please! :( ( also could anyone tell me the best plugs to use?thx)

Last edited:

ggab

Emutalk Member
an easy solution to get in game:
(i read it from 1964 faqs post)
well, first u would choose schibo1.2 for sound an for video jabo1.51 or rice5.31
1)open the game
2)quickly (before the opening song begin) press CTRL + 5
3)then the input controls are back, press start.
4)the last, press now CTRL + 3 (to return the CF to 3, the defaukt)
5)have fun!, remember do it this EVERY TIME YOU START DK64, all of us want to see this "bug" being fix it in the next 1964 1.0.
bye, it works?

OP
B

Blue_Flame

Good! it got me into the game! And I did have sound(even if the song was completely off with the rap). My only problem now is that it is extremely choppy. I went back to CF3 and it would only change the pic like every second. I tried to put it to CF8 and that worked for a couple mins, but also was very choppy, even if it wasn't as bad as CF3 of CF5 is there a way to get it working better? (maby i'll just have to go out and buy the game...)

ggab

Emutalk Member
it's difficult to help u, post more data of your PC specifications, and the config of the plugins that u are using.
u say "Other: Fairly New, and Runs N64 Games fine" only is slow DK?

OP
B

Blue_Flame

ggab said:
it's difficult to help u, post more data of your PC specifications, and the config of the plugins that u are using.
u say "Other: Fairly New, and Runs N64 Games fine" only is slow DK?
Ok... to tell you the truth, I don't know my comp specs, and I don't know how to check them either. The only thing I know other than the stuff that's marked is that it's a Nevidia G-Force video card. I'm Using a jabo's D3D7 1.40 and Shibo's Audio Plugin. Lastly, I got the game to work smoothly at CF8, but no other games that I have tried so far needed me to change this at all. at CF3, DK is pretty much frozen, with sound when you thit the jump buttons and do other things. CF5 Is a little better, but still very choppy, (pic changes about 4 times a sec) CF8 therefor, is the only way I can get it to work smoothly. I have never had any problems with any other emuation, or computer games for that matter, so I think that my comp is fine for all of this. I guess I will just have to do it like that, unless someone has something else to try (I hope). maby if the bug gets fixed, it will fix all of this too! I sure hope so...

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Blue_Flame,

Go to your Start button and select "Run". Type in "dxdiag" without the quotes and hit "OK". This will load DirectX Diagnostics. First screen will let you know which processor you have (also known as CPU) and how much memory (or RAM). The Diplay and Sound page will tell you about your video card and sound card.

OP
B

Blue_Flame

ok, here are my specs (look at bottom) and in the previous post, I should have said "smoother" in CF8, as it is still very choppy

Last edited: