DK64 issues

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
beta 2003-12-05

}}}}} Bug#1 {{{{{

jabo 1.5
schibosound 1.2

Describe the Problem:

Donkey Kong 64 intro works wrong with last betas. It looks like half of frames are skipped, jerky

How Often Does this Problem Happen? [Rarely; Sometimes; Often; Always]:
Always

Rate the Problem [Not Serious; A Minor Distraction; Annoying; Urgent]:
Urgent

}}}}} Bug#2 {{{{{
jabo 1.5
schibosound 1.2

Describe the Problem:

No sound in Donkey Kong 64 intro.

Always

Urgent.

}}}}} Bug#2 {{{{{

Rice's 5.2.0
schibosound 1.2

Describe the Problem:

Freezes before Donkey Kong 64 intro, right after logos

Always

Urgent.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Gonetz said:
beta 2003-12-05
Rice's 5.2.0
schibosound 1.2

Describe the Problem:

Freezes before Donkey Kong 64 intro, right after logos

I don't have problems. I can play the game fine. You do need to change the "Frame update at" option to "at VI origin update".

Trotterwatch

I had exactly the same problems as Gonetz, and let Schibo know about it a short while after the beta had been released in IRC.

Using Schibos Audio, your D3D 5.20, Nrages 1.82a and No RSP. Sound disappears as soon as the singing intro begins, the game then crashes at the end of the intro.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Dk64 definitely has problems. It does not freeze for me at logo, but gives me breaks during the intro story movie after I started a new game.

The movie breaks two times. At each time, it breaks out of the movie and enters into the game at some level where DK is swiming in some water. I need to press [start] button to pause it and exit from the level, and then pause and exit from level again. I cna then amazingly back to the movie and continue with it. The movie then breaks once more. The movie does end normally and I can then start a new regular game at DK's tree house.

I am using CF=5, 8MB RDRAM. All other settings are as default.

I wonder if my CF setting is too high, which gives me my problems but without freezing.

Last edited:

schibo

Emulator Developer
Trotterwatch said:
I can confirm CF5 works fine (with sound too).

I guess we have a problem with compare interrupts or something related. No game should be so sensitive to timing.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
You can't win with this game, with CF3 you can't get into the game, with CF5 ingame is terrible, I change to cf3 in game and it appears to work fine.

I'll elaborate, if i turn CF3 on as default then launch the game, as soon as where the rap song starts, either

A) The emu returns to the rom list or
B) The game starts with no sound or control

and that is with either Rices or jabos, with Schibos audio and jabos input plugin. (no rsp and rsp)

However... in game works much better with CF3 from what i've played (will have to look into that...)

schibo

Emulator Developer
Sayargh said:
You can't win with this game, with CF3 you can't get into the game, with CF5 ingame is terrible, I change to cf3 in game and it appears to work fine.

I'll elaborate, if i turn CF3 on as default then launch the game, as soon as where the rap song starts, either

A) The emu returns to the rom list or
B) The game starts with no sound or control

and that is with either Rices or jabos, with Schibos audio and jabos input plugin. (no rsp and rsp)

However... in game works much better with CF3 from what i've played (will have to look into that...)

Are you using the latest version

Rice

Emulator Developer
I agree with Sayargh. Using CF=5 to start and then use CF=3 to play seem to be the best combination.

bryantonline

Old School 1964
I most definitely agree with Sayargh, Rice, and Nighty0! With setting to 3 ingame, the game runs nicely. Although, with CF at 3, the monkey rap is in synch for the first 15 seconds for me, although, it crashes if you push a button. So, CF of 5 works, but is out of synch, and CF 3 ingame works. Also, loading from a save state crashes the game to ROM screen for 1964. I can't load the Barrel Blast sav I have, therefore, I can't tell you if the Barrel Blast level works without changing the CF to 6 or 7 as I previously had to do when playing it.