What's new

DirectDraw6 Error

ShadowFX

Guardian
This new release of Project64 has really blown me away! I haven't been here for a couple of months but I sure want to post this new problem I'm having. See for system specs in my signature. This problem is occuring randomly and most of the time in Banjo-Tooie since I'm already playing the game now. Project64 nicely creates the following log file (DirectDraw6 Error.log). Most of the time the game just hangs:

[8:02:38 AM 31/8/2002] Error 0x887601C2 - Error deleting zbuffer attachment

Is anyone aware of this, should I make some ajustments to my configuration? It's all in default state right now.

OP
ShadowFX

ShadowFX

Guardian
No ideas?

So everyone here has no idea what this is? Well fine, and another thing... if find this new version highly unstable. Bad lockups and poor speed here and then. Many thanx for your replies!

Another error just occured (nothing froze):

[3:37:52 PM 31/8/2002] Error 0x80070057 - Unable to set normal coop level

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
that error deleting z-buffer attachment means that the plugin could not clear the data in the z-buffer, i don't think it's anything to wory about though.

OP
ShadowFX

ShadowFX

Guardian
Yea well I saw more people talking about bad speed and lockups. I guess I should watch carefully what will posted more these days and look for 'solutions'.

OP
ShadowFX

ShadowFX

Guardian
Excuse me, but I asked a normal question there. You don't need to reply like that.

tillrules

I was getting the same problem...

with the Z-buffer and then someone told me to install Glide64 & evoodoo. After I did and set evoodoo to allow a larger buffer, the problem stopped on No Mercy.