What's new

Death to my... graphics adapter?

Choke87

Hello Hello.. I just got into the emu thing here.. Its been going well the past week, blah-blah.. until i tried getting rice's video to work. It didn't work out so well for me, and i realized i hadn't installed a new driver for my video card. Riva tnt2 32mb .. :whistling and so... I messed up, had to take off the graphics adapter drivers.. all of it. I get back to installing it again, the proper driver for it and now I get this wonderful message :

"Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device. Make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatile with Direct3D 6.0"

Well.. it was just working a few hours ago and now I can't seem to get it right. I read on emutalk.net here, set it to 16 bit colour and try again.. but that was for a radeon card, and I got the same message over. If someone could give me a trick or two to try I'd be very grateful as I kinda got hooked on Ogre Battle... and want it back. :icecream:

Trotterwatch

If you installed the latest Detonators, that may be the problem. You'd be better off finding some older drivers (from the 7 series or something) and installing them.

OP
C

Choke87

Hey I fixed my problem. Installing the old driver led me to look around in my Direct3D settings... and I noticed 3 glaring words that didn't seem to be there before : No DirectX Installed. Ouch.. anyways, I got the 9.0c and its up and runnin... now to get rice's video for ogre battle.. I want to see backgrounds this time around, eh. Cheers from Canada ;) :fullmop: