What's new

Dead or Alive Limited Edition don´t work !

Dreamlover

If i load the image the Sega Dreamcast logo is showing. Then the Segalogo is showing. Then the screen (in the Emulator) will be black and nothing happens. Can you help me, please?

Last edited:

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Its really easy, and you dont even have to waste CDs.

1. Get the FASTBOOT program from here: http://www.ngemu.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71234

2. Get these 2 files rared: http://www.emutalk.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=16850

3. Put those files inside the FASTBOOT main folder.

4. Mount the DOA2 image with daemon tools, or any other virtual drive you have, and copy the entire content of the CD to the DATA sub-folder inside de FASTBOOT folder, with the exception of the 1st_read.bin, and the DUMMY file, which should be like 200/300mb.

5. Double click on the BINHACK program, and when it prompts to input the binary file, type 1ST_READ.BIN , the bootsector IP.BIN, and the MSINFO VALUE is 0,0 (that is zero comma zero).

6. Then, put the 1st_read and ip.bin into de DATA subfolder.

7. double click on b2b_game , and wait till it finishes.

8. You yourself an image.

9. Mount it with your virtual drive. If it doesnt work, install daemon-tools 3.29 from here: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=8

ssj2joe

Thanks a lot, TheFreeman. I have been trying to modify my doa2le image to play in chankast for a long time. All the other topics about doing this didn't really explain it well at all. :yucky: Those people were ignoring my plees for help.

It's really nice to have the complete set if directions in one post, it made it pritty easy for me to make the new image. The one thing wrong was that the Fastboot program that you linked to, it didnt work. You may have been missing a few files in it. But I found a simelar program called "Quickboot" that worked with your instructions. (It may just be fastboot with all the files, whatever...)

Thanks again!

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
Ok.......I did all that and mounted it and it works good, but how do I burn this to a cd? I've tried burning cds with both Nero and Disk Juggler and the only thing that happens is the cd player starts but no game.

monsti

ssj2joe said:
......But I found a simelar program called "Quickboot" that worked with your instructions. (It may just be fastboot with all the files, whatever...)

Thanks again!

can you please tell me where i can get this program quickboot from ssj2joe, or give me a link please, it would be really helpful, thanks

Bob_Oso

Chief has one question: How?
I used the Fastboot link above (provided by TheFreeman) just last week. It worked fine. I think it was corrected once it was pointed out that it wasn't working. However, if you need the Quickboot instead, for a reason other than whats outlined above by the Freeman, I'm at a loss. Try google, the forum search engine, or keeep your fingers crossed that someone replies.
Good luck.
Peace.

madh83

Dragging this thread from the dead here, but Can't get this to work with daemon 3.47, which is theonly version that works on my pc. I think the way this program remakes the image also makes it unreadable by Daemon3.47. Is there a newer version of this program that will make it work with 3.47?

Jabaturbo

Daemon 3.29 was the last version that worked with Fastboot made images. The problem has to do with the way Fastboot does the image, it's inconsistent in some way and newer Daemons don't like it. :)

If you want to be able to use the latest Daemon version better forget about the Fastboot tutorial. I made myself a DOA2LE following the ECHELON selfboot tutorial that works perfectly with Daemon 3.47. You can burn the thing on a CD-RW and then make a CDI reading from it.

Just don't ask me how I did it, I made mine more than a year ago! :p

Flat

i cant get it working :(

i tryed what TheFreeman said ... still stucks

then i tryed exoboot cause someone said it should work ... nothing still stucks

after all that i also edited my bios to ntsc .. nothing still stucks

anyone still got ideas to make this bitch of a game running? :/

Lathspell

The Eye on You...
DOA2LE doesn't work but it works now.

Same here: After FreeMan tutorial "ioError" still appears. What should i do?:bye3:

Edit.

Well, now everything's OK. I don't know what exactly have I done, but now DOA2LE is working... Hell, yeah!

1). After I installed Daemon tools 3.29 it didn't works - "ioError". I uninstalled Daemon...

2). Then I installed the newest Daemon tools, restart Windows... and it didn't works (I can't even mount "image.cdi"). I uninstalled the newest version of Daemon...

3). Then I installed Daemon 3.29 again... and restart Windows. After that DOA2LE works.

I think DOA2LE doesn't works at first time because I didn't restart Windows after installing Daemon tools 3.29... but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Dark Maiden

the fastboot link doesn't work anymore .. the only program i need and i can't find it anywhere !??!

please link if you know where to get it!

Xentarim

Hm... seems the links to the ip.bin for doa2:le are dead again...:plain:

Anyone can provide an update? I'd really really appreciate it.

Thanx in advance! :bouncy: