What's new

Dead or Alive 2 -- Full Speed

FOXHOUND

..no..i'm not getting full speed :p ..i get arroud 25 - 30 in game speed ( the cpu over/under clocking doesn't seem to work with this game , although it works preety well with Soul Calibur - always above 52 FPS with cpu 114 )
..i'd like to know if someone with a powerfull comp actually has over 50 fps in game....or it's an optimisation issue..

my sys : 2.6 Barton 512 FX 5900xt

10x

Pimp

Banned
more cpu optimisation needed, at the moment chanka doesnt use cpu power efficently.
the authors should and will make use of graphic card GPU and CPU power.

i have tested chanka with different system, system above 2.ghz dont seem to benefit from their CPU power, while theres a massive gain from 900mhz cpu to 2Ghz.
theres very little gain between p4 2gzh and a p4 3ghz.

sssmax

RECV Speed

I run RECV at 50fps maximum, with SH4 50, but speed falls down frequently at 16-20 fps. :cry:
Hope new chankast release will be faster.
---------------------------------------
P4 1,8Ghz
256 Mb RAM
Sapphire Radeon 128 Mb Vram

Strange

2 Heinster
Hmm - i find really strange thing - sometimes on Athlons Chanka is really faster than on P4 CPU... As you can see all people with Athlons CPU above 3000+ have good FPS in complex 3D games...

Heinster

I guess so... Still very odd cause with all the other aplications and games mine does better then any other AMD up tp 3200+.....

HowardC

Your post's soul is mine!
Heinster said:
I guess so... Still very odd cause with all the other aplications and games mine does better then any other AMD up tp 3200+.....

Emulation has always ran better on amd processors (even back in the k6 days) and for that matter even when they run slower it's only slightly slower and for several hundred dollars less than intel's "all brand no bang" chips.

What I'm getting at is next upgrade you might want to join the rest of the gaming community and get an amd. ;-)

However in your case I think it might be something else as yoru processor is really fast. Chankast isn't exactly producing a stable framerate atm. Perhaps you need to mess with the cpu settings and actually overclock instead of underclock?

Heinster

Well I tried both.... So far no luck.... I only gained little fps...

And Like I said with all other aplications my cpu runs better so emulation running less good in some areas is a price I'm willing to pay for that.... In the end all other emulation is running 100% and Chankast will be running faster in the future I bet.

I did bought this computer with a p4 because it's a bit more stable, less hot and is more optimized for working with programs like Photoshop and Flash(I'm an illustrator/animator/designer), all other multimedia aplications apear to run better on this system too.

But I totally agree with the fact that if my pc was mainly for hobby (games, movies, music) then I would have deffenitely bought a AMD. Far better price quality, but having your own company gives you certain benefits that decreases the price difference...

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
HowardC said:
Emulation has always ran better on amd processors (even back in the k6 days) and for that matter even when they run slower it's only slightly slower and for several hundred dollars less than intel's "all brand no bang" chips.

What I'm getting at is next upgrade you might want to join the rest of the gaming community and get an amd. ;-)

However in your case I think it might be something else as yoru processor is really fast. Chankast isn't exactly producing a stable framerate atm. Perhaps you need to mess with the cpu settings and actually overclock instead of underclock?

What the hell? The K6 sucked ass when it came to FPU intensive apps (3D capable console emus). Hell, even in Zsnes my PII 300 whipped the shit outta my K6-2 550. I must admit the K6 series did have a really good ALU which really meant squat for gaming, but good for office apps.

Heinster: A P4 "more stable" than an Athlon? That's Bullshit. Where did you ever get that idea? And, I honestly doubt your CPU is causing the issue here.. I'm getting significantly better FPS in all games then a few users here I've seen which use Athlon XP 2000+ CPUs. When I get a Socket478 mobo to use my 3.06GHz P4 in, I'll prove this. :p

Last edited:

Heinster

cooliscool said:
Heinster: A P4 "more stable" than an Athlon? That's Bullshit.

Why do you think most office pc's are Intel? because they are cheap? For proffessional software Intell has always been more stable... Only thing I believe AMD is better at is in games... But a good vidcard makes the real difference there nowadays.....

For the rest I know my system runs fine cause in any benchmark my system performse as expected or even better(3Dmark2003=5500points, Performancetest5.0=465points)

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Heinster said:
Why do you think most office pc's are Intel? because they are cheap? For proffessional software Intell has always been more stable... Only thing I believe AMD is better at is in games... But a good vidcard makes the real difference there nowadays.....

For the rest I know my system runs fine cause in any benchmark my system performse as expected or even better(3Dmark2003=5500points, Performancetest5.0=465points)

Because of stereo-types. "intel=office, amd=games". That's not a bit true. Find me a well set up Athlon system which isn't as stable as a Pentium based PC. Everything depends on how well put together the system is.

milen

There is no such things like unstable proccessor on the market. Do you really think that if the proccessor has bugs Windows will run at all :). AMD proccessors are no longer hoter than Intel's , in fact now it's opposite.
AMD system - faster ALU & FPU = Faster math algorithms(Most games,Scientific,Emulation)
Intel system - faster BUS speed = Faster multimedia and overall performance a bit.

Here I don'r mention Athlon64 which has greate BUS speed and Memory latency but is too expensive for now. But Pentium4 is ultra exepnsive for what you recive.

mezkal

Man on a mission
cooliscool said:
Because of stereo-types. "intel=office, amd=games". That's not a bit true. Find me a well set up Athlon system which isn't as stable as a Pentium based PC. Everything depends on how well put together the system is.

Here Here. Death to Misinformation I say. Fanboys you can all eat my ... too. We're adults and we SHOULD be able to communicate without touting our warez like HowardC here. Howard WTF does your AMD fan lovin have to do with the 'expected' performance of the emulated SH4 and other components in Chankast? I mean, seriously, yes I know (we all dooooo) that you *love* AMD but do don't go reediting history just yet. In truth, MAME's performance on *LATER* (Post K6/2) AMD Socket 7 CPU's was better ....sometimes.....in some games....with SPECIFICLY AMD OPTIMISED versions.

"Overall, almost ALL of the AMD processors have mostly just kept up (until more recent iterations) with Intel's raw speed, faster FPU and more highly optimised memory alloc. pipeline and branch-caching mechanisms. Generally AMD processors have UNDERSOLD when compared to Intel - and that's in ALL markets, not just business. "

That stuff up there in between the "" is an OPINION. As such it deserves no place in discussions where facts (measurements such as FPS and RAM counts) are the order of the day. In future, Howard, I hope you can refrain from thrusting yours into unrelated issues.

Thank you.

Skullmonkey

To get back to the original question ;) , it is definently an optimisation issue, which will happen in time. Only runs 32 - 40 fps on my system as well:

Shuttle SN85G4 with
Athlon64 3200+
1Gb DDR 400
Ati 9800xt 256Mb (An X800 Pro 256Mb should be there in the next week :bouncy: ).

So when the next update comes out it may have improved, not that this emu isn't totally amazing now, the authors deserve a big pat on the back, and a big drink if they choose :)

jdsony

All I have to say is "This game is damn fast on a real Dreamcast". I just bought one yesterday and had only played DOA2 in the emulator as a matter of fact I hadn't played any 3D fighters on the Dreamcast before yesterday. I forgot how good the framerate is in most DC games. I never really liked most 3D fighters before because they use to be so sluggish.

I have some games that won't run on the DC but will run in Chankast and some that will run on the DC but not in Chankast. It's possible that if I burned some of the ones that don't work on the DC at a slower speed they may work.

Heinster

Hmmmmm the image of Pentium 4 lacking is getting more and more clear regarding Chanka....

*Off topic*

I don't care whatever cpu you use... I chose my cpu on basis of my needs... My first priority is photoshop and Flash... Photoshop gains alot off speed thanks to hyperthreading off intell and this makes the system more stable while running several aplications at the same time(hyperthreading also helps in this department). This makes the system MORE stable not implying that AMD is unstable (is that so hard to understand?)

If it was not for my proffession then I would choose AMD anytime over intell..... The differences are most of the times only noticable in benchmarks...... But If you want benchmarks http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20031223/index.html

Or also interesting http://www.explainplease.com/pentium-4-p4.htm
or http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/roundupcpu/pentium4-28-athlonxp-26-mx.html

But I say it again if it wasn't for my work then there would be a AMD inside... The differences are too small in my opinion on the departments concerning hobbylike aplications...

I haven't found the temperature stat that I met while looking for what kind of system I wanted to have.... But as soon as I have it I'll show you....

Last edited: