What's new

DDR ram

icepir8

My son has donated a AMD-XP compatible Mother board to the cause. The problem is that I can't use it because I have no DDR ram for it, nor the money to get some. :(

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I have a stick of DDR I can send, I forget off hand if it's 64, 128, or 256?? Been a long time since I used it cause it's PC1600 (I think). It's definatley DDR I just can't remember why it's sitting here, lol.

Send me your shipping addy and I'll mail it tomorrow for you. If it works great, if not toss it. :)

[email protected]OSPAM

Remove NOSPAM to e-mail me.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Huh? I've never heard of a motherboard that doesn't support sdram...if that's what you're using.

Trotterwatch

Yeah, I hear you on the Doomulation front! Does he ever think before he replies?

As for LazerTag, if he does end up sending this DDR to IcePir8, should we give him an award of some kind.... just seems a really nice gesture that shouldn't go totally un-noticed.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
wow. I guess I wasn't that far wrong when I said I thought my kids would find me wierd when I said I didn't have computers at school till I was 16, except for an apple IIe, and soap used to come in bars, instead of liquid. I imagine it'll also be at the point where a 1ghz processor is what you put in a wristwatch, and to them 1 ghz is the same as 1 mhz would be to us.

Slougi

Trotterwatch said:
As for LazerTag, if he does end up sending this DDR to IcePir8, should we give him an award of some kind.... just seems a really nice gesture that shouldn't go totally un-noticed.

Most definitely!

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Slougi said:
Most definitely!

Not at all, just want to help when I can. And parts are much easier then money for me :)

BTW, Ice, I will mail those out tomorrow. I left the house and forgot to grab them on the way. I'll put them in my jacket tonight so I don't forget. I would say you will have them by Monday or Tuesday next week.

cheers

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
icepir8 said:
Thnx
:) :pirate:

Your welcome sir. Thank you for the wonderful plugin! :D

Good thing I waited till today before sending, I got my hands on one more DIMM to boot. Sent 'em out UPS ground about an hour ago.

Hope they work for ya.

mesman00

What's that...?
hey lazertag, while you feeling generous i can use a new AMD XP 2600+ and MOBO combo, got any laying around??

just kidding of course, that was an awfully nice gesture of you though!

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
icepir8 said:
Lazertag,

Just got them....

Thanks.

Excellent. Glad I could help out. :)

Thanks again for the great work on your plugins! Maybe someday Mario Golf will work perfect? hehe, just had to slip that in there ;)

cooliscoo

EmuTalk Member
Wow!

If that wasn't a blessing i don't know what is! LazerTag, as of now, you're my new idol. God bless you for your kind heartidness. :)

Martin

Administrator
cooliscoo said:
Wow!

If that wasn't a blessing i don't know what is! LazerTag, as of now, you're my new idol. God bless you for your kind heartidness. :)

I'll second that, and gave LazerTag an award for being a nice bloke. :flowers:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Cool. I'm a "nice bloke" even though I'm not English, lol. Well thanks again, no thanks was needed, but I like the award :D.

Ice deserved someone to step up and help out. I just happen to be a guy with some RAM who really enjoys N64 emulation (actually my boy likes it even more then me, but Dad is the one who has to keep up with all the new stuff :) ).