What's new

daytona usa 2001

suronosuke

i tried, i have the similar problem as you, emu loads upto the SEGA logo then chankast
auto closes.

chankast (alpha v0.2) auto closes after SEGA logo.
chankast old.gfx (alpha v0.2) auto closes after SEGA logo.
chankast (alpha v0.1) + capcom hack + new gfx has the similar problems as mentioned above.

hmmm.. not it seems i cannot even run chankast...keeps restart the date and time setting... well hope you have better luck.

KyJelly

try using the spanish bios as the US bios gives me nothing as well but the spanish one works for some reason

suronosuke

Your right there kid A, i just re-downloaded the emulator (chankast alpha v0.2a) and it is working fine for me (no more chankast auto shutting down on me).

intro screen to daytona usa2001 (chankast alpha v0.2a) running smooth, you cannot even notice any graphical glitches. i`m looking at 16-40+fps dependent of how many cars are on screen at the same time. sounds slightly fuzzy but thats most likely because of the slow frame rates and my not so powerful pc, plus built in sound.

When i press start the game goes into mode select (all options are visible). if i select the single race, the car and the race track can be seen but the options are missing (invisible). You can hear your option selection if you tap your directional pad/buttons in any directions.

knowitman

This thread was about Daytona USA not Cray Taxi.

I guess I will need to find the Spanish Bios so I can play Daytona USA 2001. That is a great game.

IceFlow2

suronosuke said:
When i press start the game goes into mode select (all options are visible). if i select the single race, the car and the race track can be seen but the options are missing (invisible). You can hear your option selection if you tap your directional pad/buttons in any directions.

Use z-write & alphatest z-write.