What's new

Daemon Tools 3.29 Problems...

Hoo boy. Daemon Tools 3.29 has some biiiiiig problems on my computer. Mainly, Blue Screens of Death upon installation, and various other times in mounting the drives. It works - but I don't know if it's worth it if my computer keeps bluescreening. This has happened twice - I reformatted once to get rid of it. This time, since installing it, I have been getting errors upon bootup and in the event log that say that "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: xmasscsi."

Does anyone know how to fix these problems, OR, is there an alternative to Daemon Tools 3.29 that will work with exoboot made dreamcast games?

OP
K

koiulpoi

Pie
I'm using Windows 2003 SP1, that might have something to do with it- but I'm not exactly ready to roll back to anything else. I'll give 3.47 a try - but it probably has the same problems with ExoBoot made images everything else does - IO errors.

OP
K

koiulpoi

Pie
blurymind - I do. I use Alcohol 120% version 1.9.2. It gives me the same problems the new daemon tools do with hacked dreamcast isos - ioControl error in chankast. I think the reality in this is that Daemon Tools 3.29 IS broken - in the right way for those images, because I used cdi2nero to make it an NRG, and I got the same error. As far as I know, ExoBoot, FastBoot, bin2boot, etc. all use the same mechanism for making games bootable, and is only properly emulate on Daemon Tools 3.29. Any suggestions?

Also, I just tried using Cdi2Cdrwin. That just makes the disk non-bootable (says it's a music cd).

Last edited:

blurymind

sounds like you have some big trouble with disc emulation.It is weird that this is happening to you.I used daemon tools the lates version and all the games booted without a problem.I am now using version 3.29(dead or alive 2LE)and never have I had a problems with it either.Something must be wrong with your OS...I am sure of it,or maybe you havent rip the CDI right(dunno)...its probably your windows.Can you tell me more about your pc ?There may be a problem with another program, too...the computer drivers...hmmm -not shure. Its probably your computer.Daemon tools is a very popular program,used by most of the people from this forum.If you have Alchohol120 too and has problems.It is not the software broken-it is your OS...but enough on that-I just said it too many times.

Last edited:

EvilTaxi

I'm having the same problems too. Good ol' catch 22. Install D-Tools 3.29 and I can't use my computer at all. Don't install 3.29 and I can't run mounted games correctly :/

Ruddrage

The Solution

Hi all,

I was having the exact same problem since I upgraded my rig about 4 months ago. Every time I would install Daemon tools 3.29 I would get the dreaded BSOD and be forced to use a system restore point. And when I tried using Alcohol to mount the images then I would get an 'ioControl' error, however I found a way of getting them to work.

Here’s the steps that I took:

1) The images that wouldn't work were a .cdi format. So I used a tool to convert the .cdi to .nrg.
2) After the conversion, I used Nero burner to create a CD using the .nrg image. Nero did complain that the burning process might be unsuccessful.
3) After it had finished burning the image, I was able to read the disc successfully. So I remade the image onto my HD using Nero.
4) Once that was complete, Alcohol was then able to read the image correctly and the game worked like a treat.
:bouncy:

Ruddrage