What's new

Daemon BSOD

madh83

so i finally got a new computer and wanted to try out sf3 on chankast with it..... but it didn't work.... i've been waiting for a new pc to try it on for so long too ahh!! So what happened was:
Normally the game would work with daemon 3.29 and nothing else.
But on my new computer 3.29 won't install, I keep getting a BSOD during installation. I have no idea what the problem is and even looked around daemon's forums but no luck. If anyone has any idea about how I could get this game to run without daemon 3.29 I'd appreciate it.

ADnova

Are you using Windows XP with SP2 installed? If so, that may be the problem.
When I installed SP2 it seemed to break Daemon tools (and give the resulting BSOD).

OP
M

madh83

yea...i am unfortunately... is there anyway around it?
sorry forgot system specs:

3.0Ghz P4
Geforce 6800
512 Mb ram
Dvd drive
cd-rw drive

Branz_mf

yea...i am unfortunately... is there anyway around it?
sorry forgot system specs:

Old version may be a problem (If this is the case), I'm using daemon 3.47 and i never had problem with it.

smcd

You might try looking at the daemon tool's site, i'm pretty sure they have a discussion & support forum

smcd

Heh, oops. Sorry about that. Maybe you can convert the disc image using something like WinISO?

OP
M

madh83

hmm yea i tried by converting to nero but no dice either =-/.... i'm surprised no one else has had hte same problem

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You can try to keep intalling Daemon tools v3.29 until you manage to install it.
If you don't have any luck with the above try to burn the game to a blank CD-R and then create an ISO image of the game using another program (Nero, CloneCD, etc.).
After that you should be able to make the game work with newer versions of Daemon tools (as well as other image drives).

Last edited:
OP
M

madh83

would that be different from just converting to iso psyman? I tried a direct conversion but it would no longer be read as a dreamcast disk

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Yes, it would be different. Some things can be written using the original program (DiscJuggler in that case) but not converted.
If you don't want to waste a CD-R you can use a CD-RW.

OP
M

madh83

sorry, i just want to make sure i'm doing exactly what you did.. should I use discjuggler to burn the original cdi image first?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Yes, you should use Discjuggler.
I haven't tried to do it myself but in theory it's the most compatible way to make the game work on real hardware (and on Chankast of course).

Talbain

Moo.
Just keep trying to install it. Eventually the system will restart, asking you if you want to install a Plug & Play BIOS Extension. Say Yes. It will likely BSOD again, restart your computer one or two more times and it should fully install. If it asks you to install anything else, or to finish installing Daemon Tools, say yes.

Do not try to install it in Safe Mode. It can make your computer unbootable.

OP
M

madh83

I did that before but it makes my whole system pretty unstable, rather not risk that. I could burn hte game successfuly with discjuggler but for some reason when i put it into my cd drive the disc cannot be read.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I was afraid of that... There is only one workaround for this.

The problem is that older versions of Discjuggler had a "bug" that made some CDs writen incorrectly (that's why you get the i/o control error). Newer versions of Discjuggler do not have this "bug" anymore but they cannot correctly write images that have been created with a version of Diskjuggler that had this "bug".

The only solution is to search for an older version of Discjuggler (look for versions that were released around 2000-2001) and burn the image using that version.

OP
M

madh83

wow....this is the most amount of work i've had to do for any game...even on an emulator, too bad i'm sucha street fighter fan thanks for the advice though i'll take another crack at it

Miretank

Lurking
Yeah, I got the same problem 10 minutes ago. You install the Daemon 3.29 and it requires you to reboot the system. Reboot it and after you enter to windows, appears BSOD saying: "DRIVER_IQRL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL" (or something like that). Shit. And 3.47 doesn't run Soul Calibur :( , so the last option is to burn a CD with the game? But just burn an image on the CD?