What's new

Cyber Troopers Virtual-on Oratorio Tangram

IceFlow2

I am getting a black screen after the sega intro and then the emulator freezes.

I have tried overclocking to 120 and all the previous versions of Chankast, VGA, NTSC, Above Normal task priority etc.

The Actual name of the image I have is VON_ECH.cdi does anyone know if this version has an intro?

edit: I think theres a problem with the image. See when I select all the files it says that they equal 152MB but it says the image is 765MB.

Last edited:
OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

I just tried burning the .cdi image to CD using Alcohol 120%.
I got this error at 74% of the writing proccess:

02:53:35 (E:) MSI CD-RW MS-8340(1:0) - [Write PREGAP area ERROR]: 266588 - 266738
S:KEY - 03/02/00 - "No Seek Complete"
02:53:35 (E:) MSI CD-RW MS-8340(1:0): Recording failed!
02:53:35 Error message: [03/02/00] - No Seek Complete
02:53:35 Image file loading aborted!
02:53:38 Something is wrong with the recording procedure!
Please check the log file and report any errors to Technical Support.

achiles

IceFlow2 said:
I just tried burning the .cdi image to CD using Alcohol 120%.
I got this error at 74% of the writing proccess:

02:53:35 (E:) MSI CD-RW MS-8340(1:0) - [Write PREGAP area ERROR]: 266588 - 266738
S:KEY - 03/02/00 - "No Seek Complete"
02:53:35 Error message: [03/02/00] - No Seek Complete
02:53:35 Image file loading aborted!
02:53:38 Something is wrong with the recording procedure!
Please check the log file and report any errors to Technical Support.

Looks like you a bad rip, seems like lba errors check your dump.

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

achiles said:
Looks like you a bad rip, seems like lba errors check your dump.
I just successfully wrote the image to CD using Clone CD but suprise, suprise is doesen't work.

The fact that all the files when selected together equals 152MB is what bothers me but the image size is listed as 700MB+. None of my other DC images are like that

Sorry to harp on about it but it took me weeks to get this game only to find out that it could possibly be a bad dump, nobody else who obtained it through the same means as I did has complained either.

NeoWhiteWolf

I downloaded after my Original went bad and i found making it a SB and getting it to work was almost impossible. The 152mg images / .cdi is just the files of the actual game. The rest is 47 music tracks. my cue file was huge and it still wouldnt burn correctly. It says SB on the file but it doesnt work.Try burning it in 120% in RAW DAO. If it doesnt work hit EBAY like im doing. CDDA images SB or not are really hard to burn and tend to error a lot. Burn slowly and try again. I just bought 50pcks of MAXELLS for 10US each. Well hope that answers it.

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

The image I have is listed as Selfbooting and Ive reloaded the torrent 3 or 4 times to make sure I have the right checksum. Shouldnt it work without burning to a CD by simly mounting it?

I wanna know how the guy got it to work by o/c'ing to 120% maybe he didnt have the echelon rip.

OMG I just checked the CD that I burned the image to and it contains 47 .cda audio tracks and no other files!!!
Its music from the game and they work too. I wonder what that means?

I will try your suggestions, and thanks.

Last edited:

NeoWhiteWolf

On the 47 CDA files i dont know what went wrong, what program were you burning with? The Virtua ON SB Image seems to have an isssue. I burned it with DiscJuggler for kicks and it freezes at intro on my DC and Emu just freezes. Im going to redo it on 120% and see if the settings i used for other files works.

I think with ECHELON intros if they dont crash you have to push start like 30 times or something. And if you burn DC games set your speed to 8x on 120% or a small error could occur that f's up the whole game.

Last edited:
OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

I used Clone CD for the 47.cda's and when I burned with Alcohol 120% RAW DAO 8x I got the same files that were in the original image except it was 152MB instead of 700+.

I have tried fastboot, and exo's GUI with no success, just tried the capcom fix with no luck.

I opened the image with isobuster and it claims to have only 1 track/session.
Shouldnt there be at least 2 considering the audio files that are present?

I dont know much about audio tracks ,cdda and that kind of stuff but would love to learn.

Last edited:

NeoWhiteWolf

The problem is once a file is say SB and already formed in an image. taking it apart to try and fix it can get tricky and errors occur a lot...ill play with it and see what the issue is.

Mokona

If your CD contains only Music tracks it means :
a) your burn was incomplete
b) you used the "CD Audio" mode in your burning soft (like in DiscJuggler, you have to put "Mode 1/DVD" instead of "CD Audio" or it'll burn a simple Audio CD (but since you say you used Alcohol 120%...)
c) could be something else, then I don't know!

BTW I've never been able to burn anything with Alcohol 120%, it simply doesn't work with my burner (Sony DRU-510A CD/DVD± burner). It always gets a buffer underrun error less than one minute after the burn starts (even when I burn at 4X), of course Disc Juggle, Nero and CloneCD all work fine for me, but I could burn any self-boot CDs with Nero (probably a config problem, I prefer Disc Juggler anyway).

Edit: I have the same release as you (followed your link from the other board) and had the same problem with Disc Juggler, for a strange reason, the CD would only be burnt as a Audio CD after an error.
What I did was create a Clone CD image with Alcohol 120% and burn it with Clone CD, just like you did. It worked and the CD works fine on my DC. However, there is indeed an Echelon Intro on that release, so it won't work in Chankast for sure (or until the next version hopefully)

Last edited:
OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

Mokona said:
If your CD contains only Music tracks it means :
a) your burn was incomplete
b) you used the "CD Audio" mode in your burning soft (like in DiscJuggler, you have to put "Mode 1/DVD" instead of "CD Audio" or it'll burn a simple Audio CD (but since you say you used Alcohol 120%...)
c) could be something else, then I don't know!

BTW I've never been able to burn anything with Alcohol 120%, it simply doesn't work with my burner (Sony DRU-510A CD/DVD± burner). It always gets a buffer underrun error less than one minute after the burn starts (even when I burn at 4X), of course Disc Juggle, Nero and CloneCD all work fine for me, but I could burn any self-boot CDs with Nero (probably a config problem, I prefer Disc Juggler anyway).

Edit: I have the same release as you (followed your link from the other board) and had the same problem with Disc Juggler, for a strange reason, the CD would only be burnt as a Audio CD after an error.
What I did was create a Clone CD image with Alcohol 120% and burn it with Clone CD, just like you did. It worked and the CD works fine on my DC. However, there is indeed an Echelon Intro on that release, so it won't work in Chankast for sure (or until the next version hopefully)

Excellent thanks for that.
I wanted to make sure that there was nothing wrong with the image thats why I posted in the forum where I obtained it.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
MY version did play on chankast, but doesn't remember the real name of it? Have to look for it, but my on isn't a echelon rip!
Search for another version to get it work on chankast.But warning: the rules! :p

Furinex

First off I apologize for revitalizing this topic... But Ive been having the same problem recently and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which program I should use to unpack and repack the .cdi format. I've tried a few proggies such as ISObuster but none seem to do exactly what i need to do to get this sucker working. Ive already modded the 1st_read.bin file... and all I need to do is repack it in a cdi.

So if anyone has any ideas on what I should use or how I should go about doing it, it would be much apprieciated. Thank you in advance.