What's new

Cubextender2k3? Fake?

Remote

Saw some screenshots over at the ngemu forums where someone had submitted screenshots from a accused GC emu, named Cubextender2k3. Never heard of it before and the screenshots doesn't look genuine although they don't look too fake either. The webpage appears to be down but since they have written "YEAH IT WORKS" on it it's hard not to have doubts. So, it this old news that I've missed?

Thread contaning the screenshots over at NGEMU...

http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42866

Trotterwatch

I read about one with this name (or similar) a while back, conclusion was it was totally fake. I remember the website being down then too.

And I don't think Spyhunter has been dumped.

OP
Remote

Remote

True, didn't think about the small amount of GC games that are dumped. I'll bookmark this in the never look in again folder.. :p

pandamoan

Banned
2fast4u said:
the 3rd shot looks very cheaply faked ... anyone who can use a photoshop filter can do that..

i'd have to agree 100%. What the hell would cause an emu to look staticy? there's absolute no reason i can think of. at least put in some unemulated black squares or something... LOL

jamie

Noupe

Grog
Also, if you take a look at the executable you can see it depends on MSVBVM60.DLL which means it's made with Microsoft Visual Basic 6.

You can do a lot of things in VB, but it is not the language of choice for writing a GC-emulator.

This is just some 14-year-old that learned how to make a GUI in VB and doesn't know how to write a line of code. In a few weeks time perhaps we will be able to browse for "roms" in not only C: but also our other drives when he figures out how to use the Drive-control. I'm looking forward to that version.

Last edited:

piccolo17486

hmm smells like a big fake...
i think the video output of the emu looks like some crappy tv card, if its emulated than it should had many borders and not so smooth things.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
piccolo17486 said:
hmm smells like a big fake...
i think the video output of the emu looks like some crappy tv card, if its emulated than it should had many borders and not so smooth things.

...gravedigger...