What's new

Controller Confi

richdogg112

This is the controller I got and I also got a USB connection...I use N-Rage's controller thing. I've also tried to config the analog in Windows under game controllers. Is this just a bad controller? Everytime I try to input any button, doesn't matter if it's A, B, or the C arrows, I always get something automatically put in from the analog stick. Is there anyway to avoid this??

Yobo Gameware/Nintendo 64

Last edited:
OP
R

richdogg112

Which drivers should I update? And when I try to calibrate it, the movement is off the charts. The analog stick isn't moving but on the screen it's showing that it's moving all over the place.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Your drivers for the gamepad of course :)
If the analog stick is moving all over the place, then drivers may be at issue, or bad controller. Try moving your analog stick around and see if it stops moving when you don't move it also. It should stay still in the center.

OP
R

richdogg112

Updated the driver...went back to the config calibration....still the same. If the analog stick stays in the middle, the graph shows it jumping from the top left to the top right. When I move it around, the "x" is all over the graph, never where I'm moving it though. Think I got screwed on the controller??

Doomulation

Then I suggest you talk (or email) to the company's support (the one that developed it) and see if they can help. Perhaps the gamepad is faulty.

OP
R

richdogg112

Thanks for the advice, any other info would be helpful as well while I wait for the return email from the company.

OP
R

richdogg112

This might change the situation...with the USB converter I bought, it won't let me update that driver. It came with a floppy disk and when I try to update from that drive it says no info to update from. Would not being able to update the converter driver mess the controller up like that? I don't have a normal N64 to test it on.

Doomulation

You are using an adapter then? Uninstalling and reinstalling a product sometimes helps. Try to get it to update drivers. Also, it would be nice to check if you had another N64 controller to see if it's the controller or adapter that is at issue,