What's new

Conker's debug screen?

A.I.

Banned
I have a rather odd problem playing Conker (U) ! I am using the New Glide64. Actually, it has occured with the old Glide Wonder plus ++ but now it's happening more frequently. The debug screen pops up suddenly and I don't know why. Atleast I think its the debug screen, whatever it is its a pain in the butt cos I cant get back to the game. Have I somehow activated it by enabling the cheats?

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
Cheats could possibly be causing the game to internally crash like that.

For me, it crashes very often when using software rendering in 1.7. Thats the only case I personally seen of the actual game crashing in a emulator, other than yours. So, I'd say this is a super weird problem, but cheats might be the culprit in your case.

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
No i dont think its cheats. I had anti on 4x and GLSL and frame buffer objects checked - could that be it? I turned them off. Hopefully that will fix it but i know Glide is listening so it will probably stuff up again...

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
You should turn off anti aliasing. Frame buffer objects don't work with antialiasing unless ogl_frame_buffer_object_multisample is used in the actual wrapper code...(and that special antialiasing extension is for Geforce 6800's and up....)

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
You should turn off anti aliasing. Frame buffer objects don't work with antialiasing unless ogl_frame_buffer_object_multisample is used in the actual wrapper code...(and that special antialiasing extension is for Geforce 6800's and up....)

Um, i have a 7600GS. It should support opengl without these issues...
I did turn off anti and so far had no more problems. Yet... :)

1280 x1024 didnt fit screen properly so i had to use 1024 x 768 which looks a hella lot better than 640 x 480! lol all this time i forgot to change resolution.

Also changed counter factor from 2 - 3, though it lags for some reason in the first 30 secs and framerate is still a little choppy in parts, no amount of tweaking fixes this. I also got audio sync on to help... I cant think wat else will make it run better. Any suggestions?

mudlord

Banned
The wrapper isn't coded to use antialiasing in framebuffer objects yet for very high end cards (like yours), so antialiasing isnt supported in the wrapper. Its good to see you have no other real issues now...:)..

Well, since you got this new card, you can try setting FBO's off, since your video card will support ziggy's new framebuffer code. That can help for some games, but the real difference is with RE2...(mainly the depth issues are fixed).

Also, you could try turning off the graphics scaling filters in the wrapper, if you have them on.

Last edited: