What's new

Conkers Bad Fur Day

jamesyfx

Hi. :)

I'm not complaining much, just a little curious.

Everything in the game works fine - the shadows, the fading, the models are complete - it's all good.

Apart from the odd "first person" moments, where you're seeing from conkers perspective, I get all this multicoloured fuzz on top of the screen. I can kind of see whats going on, but yeah.

Can I fix this somehow, or is this the best i'm gonna get out of it.? Thanks. :)

I have a 128MB GeForce FX 5200.

CF2

Pretends to make sense
There is no way to fix that. You could try turning off all anti-aliasing and enabling copy framebuffer to rdram, but that makes the game so slow that it is unplayable.

Jesterhead

If you mean the "Matrix-like" scenes of Conker, try Glide 64 0.8 as Graphics Plugin to Fix them.
if you mean the colored lines at the top (and sometimes at the side of the screen), try to stretch the area of your monitor with its controls :bouncy:

CF2

Pretends to make sense
All of these items are framebuffer effects. Jabo's Direct3D8 can achieve a lot of FB effects, but sometimes, it needs copy framebuffer to rdram, which slows the framerate down to the point of unplayability. Glide64 0.8 does a little better, it can do more effects, but not at a decent speed if you do not posess a Voodoo 4/5 video card (hardware framebuffer). If Orkin ever releases a version of Direct64 that conker works in, these effects may be emulated.

OP
J

jamesyfx

Thanks.. :)

I've only ever come across two Conker roms. (U) and (E), and they both produce the same results.. but either way, I'm told it's a plugin issue anyway.