What's new

Complete game saves

Guru64

I tried to insert completed game saves into the memory card file that Dolphin uses and it works! Because these files can make it easier to test certain parts of a game, I decided to share them with all of you. I plan on making more for other games later.

How to use

In your Dolphin folder, there should be a folder called 'Data'. In that folder, there is a file called 'memcard_a.raw'. Replace that file with the file in the RAR you downloaded.

List
*All made by me (Sintendo) unless stated*

Harvest Moon - A Wonderful Life [GYWE and GYWP](hamoawl.rar)*made by raksmey1309*
IKARUGA [GIKP and GIKE](ikaruga.rar)
Mario Kart: Double Dash!! [GM4P and GM4E](mkddpal.rar)
Paper Mario - The Thousand-Year Door [G8ME and G8MP](paperma2.rar)*made by raksmey1309*
Sonic Adventure DX -Director's Cut- [GXSP and GXSE](sadx.rar)
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle [GSNP and GSNE](sa2b.rar)
Super Mario Sunshine [GMSP and GMSE](sms.rar)*made by raksmey1309*
Super Smash Bros Melee [GALE](ssbmusa.rar)
Super Smash Bros Melee [GALP](ssbmpal.rar)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker [GZLP and GZLE](zeldatww.rar)*made by cooliscool*

Last edited:

Knuckles

wow nice, SSBM with all characters/maps/sound test woo!./... damn I wish the music was working more than 2 secs :p

ChaosCode

tehdarkknight said:
Very nice. Work like this could lead to a memory card manager soon enough. Thumbs up on the discovery, Guru.

very true and thats the direction im about to go, I would like to ask you how you were able to do this. Details would be nice :p

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
hey if you can make the same think with Zelda wind waker with all item , we all can pass the telescope

ScOr_311

The Force be with you!!!
Great! Wich program do you use for doing this!
I give you some Zelda Wind Waker *.gci SaveGame if you want to make dolphin save game with it.:p

Last edited:
OP
Guru64

Guru64

Hex Workshop. I put the content of a game save at the right spot in the memory file Dolphin uses. I'll do some more for other games later tonight (probably the PAL version of Zelda The Wind Waker).

tehdarkknight

StepMania Addict
Guru64 said:
Hex Workshop. I put the content of a game save at the right spot in the memory file Dolphin uses.

Please enlighten us on what the 'right spot in memory' is. I'm not very familiar with Hex editors, so maybe a quick How-To?

OP
Guru64

Guru64

tehdarkknight said:
Please enlighten us on what the 'right spot in memory' is. I'm not very familiar with Hex editors, so maybe a quick How-To?
I have yet to figure out how exactly it works, but I'll post details when I know how it works.

Anyway, added a memory card file. Check the first post.

By the way, since I do not have access to every game I might need help. I'll write down what exactly you need to do to help me later.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
It reads the save data from offset 0000A000 in the file. Just inject any save data from, for example, a .gci file at that point, and you're good to go.