What's new

chankast, shenmue and save games that disappear!

djsolidsnake86

i don't know why happen this: i play with shenmue, i save in the game.. in the vms browser there is the save.. then i load the save game with shenmue and first time wotk correctly.. but then other times the savegame isn't saw from the game (but is still in the memory card!)
what can i do? can i recuperate the save file?

Last edited:

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
If you go to the Arcade and play any game in there, then you won't be able to save the game. It's a Chankast bug. I hope that's what you're meaning, because I couldn't make out lot of sense from your post.
The error I get is that the VMU is not formatted (or something along those lines). You can reac as far as the mid-point of the 3rd disk if you do not play any arcade.

JKKDARK

In dobuita, there's an arcade where you can play various games like Space Harrier, Hang on, etc.

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
VMSBrowser loads them into memory but Shenmue does not recognise them, but the BIOS does. Maybe they are from a different region (ie. these are US saves and you have a JP version or EU version, or the opposite).

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I think Dark Mits doesn't mean the BIOS (because it shouldn't matter) but the region of the game itself.

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
What Agozer says. It doesn't matter if your BIOS is either JP, US or EU, the game should load(the game, not the saves). It's the save game region and the game region that matter. If I'm not mistaken, you downloaded those saves from GameFAQs. They have saves for both the US and the EU versions. You need to find what region your Shenmue game is for, and download the correct saves.

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
You have included two files. The one named SHENMUE1_000 is 32 bytes shorter than SHENMUE1_000.DCI. They can both be loaded on a VMS through VMSBrowser, and I get the message that they are identical files. Anyway, I tried twice, once for each file, to start Shenmue but it tells me there are no files on the VMU when I selected Load or Continue. I can't understand why this is happening. Sorry. Try playing again from the beginning.

OP
D

djsolidsnake86

dark same problem..
the 2 saves are the same.. but i haved export 2 time from vmsbrowser..
but this is the second time that happen.. i can't play with shenmue :(