What's new

Chankast Production has Stopped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterem

Is this true. I have heard rumors that Chankast emulator is not longer going to be updated. It had a good run but the dreamcast is just a system people can hack. Oh well the hype on the chankast emulator was almost dead anyway.

OzTm

64 posts? You'd think you would have learnt something in all this time on this forum... seems not...

And maybe it was dead for asses like you, but surely not for us - the true supporters of this great team. Even if they were not to release anything else I'd still be greatfull.

-Shadow-

Banned
I think they are...

1. ...On Holiday or...

2. ...Planning something big for Chankast or...

3. ...dead or...

4. ...Sadistic...

That are the only reasons i can imagine for this long no-news period .

I don't think the devs are giving such a cool and promising up !

aika-san

Masterem said:
Is this true..

Nothing is ever true or false.

Masterem said:
I have heard rumors that Chankast emulator is not longer going to be updated.

Evidently not as soon as you would like it to be.

Masterem said:
It had a good run but the dreamcast is just a system people can hack.

Any system can be hacked.

Masterem said:
Oh well the hype on the chankast emulator was almost dead anyway.

That's why there are so many people on this forum.

Last edited:

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
C'mon man, it's summer!!!
That means that we (the spanish people) are in holidays. Doesn't the chankast authors deserve a break time?

Cid

Come on people stop complaining about the lack of progress. The emulator is free and the only one that working for DC. Just be happy with the current Chankast. It is not like you pay the developers for their hard work.

Russ

It kinda does seem like production has stopped because we haven't heard anything from the developers. It'd be nice if they would atleast post SOMETHING about the progress of the emulator, would really like to know how the money I donated is being used.

Hopefully we'll have some news soon!

jareg

Just A Guy
Russ said:
It kinda does seem like production has stopped because we haven't heard anything from the developers. It'd be nice if they would atleast post SOMETHING about the progress of the emulator, would really like to know how the money I donated is being used.

Hopefully we'll have some news soon!

Hehe i cant believe you people
I mean the chankast team progressed so fast and the last update was a month ago i mean some emulators havent released nothing for about 5-6 months

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
A new version will be released sometime in the future (it may be 1 day or 1 year or whatever). There are not any news about the next release but it doesn't mean that the production has stopped. These are just rumors from people that are not patient enough. If something like that is going to happen the authors will inform us.
Regarding the donation thing... You donate for something that you like and want to help it's development only if YOU want to but the authors of each project may stop it's development whenever they want for their own reasons (they are not your employs).

jack

This topic should be delete on the basis that it might be offend the authors.

Go and read the post by Unai.

"P.D: We are quite busy now, we are working REALLY hard to bring you the next Chankast, so please don't ask for any feature for a while..."

Leviathan

Haha, I guess the Authors are too scared to post on this board because once they do, they'll be flooded with questions and requests and I'm sure they prefer spending their time programming than answering stuff. Also, I guess they prefer reading/posting on the spanish boards.
There is no reason to believe the project is dead. The authors anounced they'd propably release chankast as open source once it reaches v1.0, I'd figure they'd at least do that if they really would abandon it.

And finally, although I don't have much insight in the chankast-mechanics, I assume that the emulation is 95% done or else not so many games could work. The remaining errors and missing features will take a lot of time to figure out and implement and there is litte visible progress. The developers propably don't want to release something that doesn't have a huge visible advantage over the previous version, so the time between releases is bound to become larger over time.

Let's just be patient, shall we?

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
i knew this was gonna happen, because this has happened wiv dolphin, project 64, etc etc.
At the moment we've got a great version that can run almost any game we want to, ok sum might not perfectly but tough! All of the features we've requested we've got, so i dont see wantin a new version out right now. Stick with wot u got and wait.

abba

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
calm down all !!!
emulation is not as simple as you think i think they are probably trying to fix some error on chanka and making it much user friendly after waht they did it is really hard work and those who dosent cares could buy them a dreamcast for perfect play

Martin

Administrator
It's not been that long since the 0.25 release and the Chankast guys have probably enjoyed a good summer, these kind of discussions are based on no facts so I'll look it since it's not very appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.