What's new

Chankast Frame Rate Issues

jk389

After surfing through these threads, I've noticed a LOT of people have gotten Guilty Gear and other DC games working with "perfect frame rates" or close to it.

What am I doing wrong?

I've got Chankast .02a and .025a. I prefer .02a b/c the .025a version won't let me use the POV hat on my airflo controller, or assign the analog sticks as the Dpad.

Regardless, the problem i have is FRAMERATE! It's incredibly choppy! I've got a P42.4Ghz, 512MB RAM, GF4 Ti4200, which has been described as good enough. I mount the image using daemon tools, and go from there. Frame rates suffer horribly. Any suggestions?

IceWarm

Maybe try running the game at a lower resolution if you are running at a high one? Also try and mess around with some of the video options.

OP
J

jk389

The video options don't do much.

I'm already at the lowest res setting.

Other threads suggest over/underclocking using the +/- buttons on the numpad. Unfortunately...I have a laptop with no numpad. Am I SOL? :p

If so...I'm begging that the next version of chankast is a bit more laptop friendly.

Blaz

Hello jk389!
What do you call "choppy"?Is your frame rate so bad?And it is only for guilty gear?
I have a P4 2,4 ghz HT, 512 mb ram a fx 5900 and games like CvS2, SF3 3TS run very well (50/60 fps) (soul calibur not so well but it's a 3d game)and they are like guilty gear!And as i used to read here it's not thanks (not to much)to the graphic card so guilty gear should run well for you too!
Did you close all program before running chankast?
Did you download the latest driver 61,77 i guess?

Clements

jk389 said:
Other threads suggest over/underclocking using the +/- buttons on the numpad. Unfortunately...I have a laptop with no numpad. Am I SOL? :p

If so...I'm begging that the next version of chankast is a bit more laptop friendly.

Use Microsoft's On-screen keyboard (in accessibility options) if you lack these keys.

OP
J

jk389

Blaz said:
Hello jk389!
What do you call "choppy"?Is your frame rate so bad?And it is only for guilty gear?
I have a P4 2,4 ghz HT, 512 mb ram a fx 5900 and games like CvS2, SF3 3TS run very well (50/60 fps) (soul calibur not so well but it's a 3d game)and they are like guilty gear!And as i used to read here it's not thanks (not to much)to the graphic card so guilty gear should run well for you too!
Did you close all program before running chankast?
Did you download the latest driver 61,77 i guess?

blaz, I close "most" programs. I leave on AIM, but I don't think it'd be a big deal. What's the 61,77 driver you're talking about.

Choppy is...well it fluctuates btwn 30-10 fps during actual gameplay.

Clements, thanks for the tip I'll give it a shot.

OP
J

jk389

got the CPU down to 50% using on screen keyboard...but it's still choppy. My P4 isn't HT...is that the problem?

Blaz

well i think that Hyper Treading (2 operations at the same time) could give you a little boost, and the 61.77 driver is the latest (official) driver for nvidia card and it could change something in your case and directX 9c also!have you tried to play to an other game?maybe it's only guity gear which doesn't work very well and maybe tne game has been tested in the compatibility list with a powerfull computer!some 2d game can be really hard to emulate, look marvel vs capcom2 it's very slow for me!