What's new

Chankast crashes!

Nishylan

Chankast crashes after the Sega Copyright at the beginning.

Plugins are all set on default (Aspi doesnt work too)
I updated my Video Drivers.
It doesnt work.

System:

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Newcastle

The game i tried to emulate is "Record of Lodoss War"

Help me, please

Bob_Oso

Chief has one question: How?
You've heard of TMI? This is not it.

Hey man, you need to be a little more specific about your problem. Can you describe what it does exactly when it crashes? Are you sure you have all the necessary tools and configuarations to run Chanka?
I'm just guessing, but you sound totally new to the Chanka scene. I'm somewhat new too, but I carefully read through the Chanka manual, this forums FAQ, and have done many searches in the forum to find answers to my problems.
I have found all the answers I need without asking a question 95% of the time. Try it, you won't be disapointed. Then, once all that is done, and you still don't have an answer, start a thread for a very specific and detailed question. The guys here at the forum are great, and will help a lot, but will leave you hanging if it looks like you haven't done your research.
Good luck.
Peace.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Also, please note the game being played, how it crashed (just froze up, error message) and what you were doing when the emu crashed. Without this information, we're just as lost as you.;)

OP
N

Nishylan

well record of lodoss war is the first game i tried to emulate and i am rellay new in the chankast scene. but i also read the faq and the manual. i tried to reconfig. the ide controller but it doesnt help. i tried more than 3 different dc.bios files but it doesnt work. its always the same error :

i emulate record of lodoss war with daemon tools.
all options are on default.
after this point i run the emulator. the dreamcast logo appears, than the
sega copyright. 2-3 seconds later i get a microsoft error message (send problem or close).
After this i can close it or report it to microsoft.
I tried every available version of chankast.
Not one worked!

GCFreak

r u using xp?
are u using daemon tools 3.29?
make sure u are using Chankast Alpha 0.25.
and check in compatability thread and see if that game wrks
EDIT: Game supposed to work

Chankast Compatability Thread said:
Record of Lodoss War: Works, minor graphical glitches - hangs after a while

PS: dont get so dramatic about it.

Last edited:

Bob_Oso

Chief has one question: How?
Also, make sure you update and scan for viruses, spyware etc. Though not always the case, a wondows error message may mean something is wrong with windows, and not your emulator. You should have some protection for your PC. It's worth the cash. I use Norton Internet Security Package and Spysweeper.
Also, try another game. I constatly crash DOA2LE, and if it was the first game I tried, I would feel hopeless about the whole thing too. Try a really small or basic game first. If that works then you know its your game, not your emulator, which narrows down the problem quite a bit.
Hang in there, you will get it.
One last thing, though you are new to Chanka, how bout other emulators? I had to graduate from JNES to ZSNES to ePSXe and then Project 64, before making the jump to Chanka. They really do get more complex as you advance systems.

Lastly, to GC Freak: Viva La Revolucion! I can't wait either! I hope Nintendo one day sits on the throne as King again.

GCFreak

Bob_Oso said:
Also, make sure you update and scan for viruses, spyware etc. Though not always the case, a wondows error message may mean something is wrong with windows, and not your emulator. You should have some protection for your PC. It's worth the cash. I use Norton Internet Security Package and Spysweeper.
Also, try another game. I constatly crash DOA2LE, and if it was the first game I tried, I would feel hopeless about the whole thing too. Try a really small or basic game first. If that works then you know its your game, not your emulator, which narrows down the problem quite a bit.
Hang in there, you will get it.
One last thing, though you are new to Chanka, how bout other emulators? I had to graduate from JNES to ZSNES to ePSXe and then Project 64, before making the jump to Chanka. They really do get more complex as you advance systems.

Lastly, to GC Freak: Viva La Revolucion! I can't wait either! I hope Nintendo one day sits on the throne as King again.

i use Symantec Antivirus Corporate v10, Spybot, Search & destroy and Zone Alarm Pro.
About System Advancing, that is exactly what i done and i certainly recommend doing that. Do that and you will know a little more about emulation and eventually you will get chankast working

Yea, Revolution Rocks! let it be the king at E3 as well !

PS: use Darkman's DirectInput 4.0. It's Much easier to configure and it is very recommended. http://www.ngemu.com/download.php?action=plugin&id=137
Put it in the chankast directory then configure....

Last edited:
OP
N

Nishylan

i use in wxp, chankast 0.25 and daemon tools 3.29 and i have no virus on my computer.
i tried to do it with directinput 4.0 and it doesnt work.
and i am sure the game works because in the comments where i downloaded it were just positiv comments,