What's new

Chankast bug list and features not supported yet.

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
I think it would be nice if we have a list with all the bugs of the chankast in order to know what is left to be done.

1. MMU support
2. Command line support
4. A lot of games that are not bootable yet
5. Non-bootable games support
5. Netplay support
6. More settings on the menu (example:no audio,shortcuts on the choices)
7. Linux/Mac support
8. Graphical errors

anything else?

Last edited:

Pimp

Banned
Ex0skelet0r said:
I think it would be nice if we have a list with all the bugs of the chankast in order to know what is left to be done.

1. MMU support
2. Command line support
4. A lot of games that are not bootable yet
5. Non-bootable games support
5. Netplay support
6. More settings on the menu (example:no audio,shortcuts on the choices)
7. Linux/Mac support
8. Graphical errors

anything else?

no audio is the easy one, just turn off the volume :whistling , you meant music and sound effect options, like playstation emu.

i woulnt mind to turn off some choppy music sounds.

OP
Ex0skelet0r

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
no i mean no audio..without audio we will have more fps.(if you turn off the volume the music is still loaded and is still using the cpu for this.you just will not hear anything)

Pimp

Banned
Ex0skelet0r said:
no i mean no audio..without audio we will have more fps.(if you turn off the volume the music is still loaded and is still using the cpu for this.you just will not hear anything)

not necessarilly, your sound card is processing some of the chanka output.
Tho the emulation still occurs.

Lilwolf

I would personally like to see ISO support.

why? make it easier to play bootlegs?

No, so I can get it working on my arcade machine all of the great fighters without swapping CDs...and without having 20 virtual CDs.

pcsxdc

For no sound, could you just not create a variable called no_sound where if no_sound==1, then just pass return null for the audio functions[or the required minimal data that the APU needs just to stay on]. Else, do what is normally done for audio processing.

lucindrea

Lilwolf said:
I would personally like to see ISO support.

why? make it easier to play bootlegs?

No, so I can get it working on my arcade machine all of the great fighters without swapping CDs...and without having 20 virtual CDs.

manny9158 put up a quick little mounting batch file for daemon tools

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=21326

but personaly if i can avoid loading one more program onto my cab ( and thus freeing more resources ) it would be that much better.

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
Im sure the team want to do pretty much everything in that list, but you just have to wait, requesting it really doesnt help or saying "id like to see this fixed" finding bugs in emulation code isnt as easy as you think.

just wait and see what they can come out with, im sure in about 6 months time chanka will support at least 80% of the things youve mentioned here.

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Im not used to post for the sake of posting, namely, without giving out any useful info, but I couldnt resiste, I completely agree with Refraction, I believe it to be a very mature action to take.
Patience, my young padawans :p

asphoRe

Hello,

I would love to see a feature allowing frame-by-frame movement of the game, and I'm sure some of the more die-hard fans of the 2D Fighting Games would love that, to analyze different moves practically instead of just referring to frame data tables all the time.

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
MMU support I think the team are hard working at this atm :)

Full screen will be in the next version :)

and I hope the next version with have save states hehe :)