What's new

Chankast and Kaillera

Shuyin_DX

Harder,better,faster,stro nger
So I goto the Kaillera forums and ask these people if it is possible to do netplay with Kaillera.I only got one answer that said it can be used on any emulator.Is it really that possble I want an explaination.

Sorry for bad spelling too.

EDIT:It would be sweet if we play MvC2 & CvS2 on the net.

Heinster

Shuyin_DX said:
So I goto the Kaillera forums and ask these people if it is possible to do netplay with Kaillera.I only got one answer that said it can be used on any emulator.Is it really that possble I want an explaination.

Sorry for bad spelling too.

EDIT:It would be sweet if we play MvC2 & CvS2 on the net.

Don't forget about SFIII :D

OP
Shuyin_DX

Shuyin_DX

Heres a list of games I would like to do netplay with

MvC2
CvS2
SFIII:3rdStrike
Psychic Force 2012
House of the dead2
Powerstone 2
DOA2:LE
Sonic Shuffle

Heinster

Shuyin_DX said:
Heres a list of games I would like to do netplay with

MvC2
CvS2
SFIII:3rdStrike
Psychic Force 2012
House of the dead2
Powerstone 2
DOA2:LE
Sonic Shuffle

Yeah and did I mention SFIII third strike :D? (kidding)

Bomberman would be sweet too :)

T-Kimura

why would you want kaillera on this. its getting something else.. kaillera is full of spam and the response/lag sucks.

OP
Shuyin_DX

Shuyin_DX

T-Kimura said:
why would you want kaillera on this. its getting something else.. kaillera is full of spam and the response/lag sucks.
Or maybe your the only one who says that.People please ignore him he knows nothing of what kaillera can do hes just a n00b at it and don't be wasting your time trying to tell us that kaillera sucks.Don't you have other things to do like learning how to use kaillera better.

Last edited:

Glurak

well kaillera indeed sucks
the idea is very good but there are just too much lamers...

plus probably kaillera support won't be good/easy to add due to the analog joystick (ok it works in n64 emulation somehow so it's possible)

Clements

A Netplay implementation that resembles the one of ZSNES would be far better IMO. Obviously Netplay is far off since the emulator is focusing on compatibility rather than focusing on options making the games easy to play for the user (which is entirely right and understandable).

OP
Shuyin_DX

Shuyin_DX

Oh I see what you guys are saying.We do need something like ZSNES which uses ZBattle.net to play on the net.

EDIT:Why don't the guys who are making the add-ons(speedpig and cheat)to implement it.

Last edited:

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Kaillera doesn't suck. But a lot of people who use it do. I think adding kaillera would be great, but it's a bit too soon to be adding any type of netplay in the emulator's current state. More speed and compatibility first.

A netplay system like Zbattle.net would be nice, but it's a bit hard trying to find people to play with you. I like the server/client method employed by kaillera.

Shuyin_DX said:

I responded to you at the kaillera forums. Kaillera is just an add on that any emulator author can add to their emulators. And yes Chankast can have kaillera if the Chankast Authors implements it into their emulator.

Last edited:
OP
Shuyin_DX

Shuyin_DX

How did you know it was me was it because the forum at kaillera has the same name.
I think there should be a poll about which netplay add-on is best don't cha think so.

knowitman

Both have their advantages. I like the ZSNES style for speed and stuff. It's a direct connection no middle man. I like Kaillera because it is easy to find other ppl to play. You just log into the network to find someone. You can also search for waiting games.

M

MegaManXGC

I also think that it is too soon to put a netplay feature on chanka. The Authors got enough on there hands to do, let alone be worried about puting some kind of netplay on chanka anyways. I think that focusing on fixing graphical errors and sound glitche's and adding more games to the Woring list would be a good thing to do right now.

Heinster

Well now that I'm thinking of it.... I don't think Chankast would be running very well in it's current state.... Even on my 3GHz many of the games have their slowdowns now and then. For playing allone it's good enough but playing online would mean constant desync or not?

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Heinster said:
Well now that I'm thinking of it.... I don't think Chankast would be running very well in it's current state.... Even on my 3GHz many of the games have their slowdowns now and then. For playing allone it's good enough but playing online would mean constant desync or not?

It depends on how the emulator reacts to slowdowns. I've played slow games in kaillera before and it doesn't desync. It will desync if the game totally just crawls though. I've notice that emulators handle lag differently with kaillera..

Mame seems to slow down the games to adjust to the lag. The game doesn't desync, but it feels slower than the game should be. There isn't any frameskipping per se, but it runs slower than normal. Not too slow that it isn't playable. Unless the lag is horrendous. It's most noticealble when you play someone with high ping or bad connections.

Kawaks on the other hand sorta frameskips to adjust to the lag. The speed of the game feels normal, but the frameskipping makes it a little harder counter in fighting games.

I think Chankast needs a framelimiter in some games. :D

T-Kimura

kaillera is so freaking oudated..there should be something like kaillera but way better, a kaillera that lets you join multiple servers, change your nick in a server, better response, etc.

OP
Shuyin_DX

Shuyin_DX

We do need something like kaillera only better.If the emulator gets better in the next month we have to accept kaillera for what it is.Unless zbattle.net updates itself from the beta stage to the real deal.
Sorry for a little mispelling.