What's new

Chanka0.2 bugs post here

Phreaky

Phreaky Shat
Any ideas on why some games dont recognise the VMU/Memory cards, while others do? There seems to be no pattern as to which games see it and which dont.

I guess its just an emulation bug.

World Cup

morti said:
Resident Evil codename veronica:

Apart from the framebuffer distortion effects not working (i navigated that short part by game map- so not that bad) the emu just crashes after entering the weapon trainings complex when the first boss mob arrives (big worm).

Verified by a lot of users on several dc boards.So its not my Pc.No way of getting beyond that point as of now.
u can
quickly press button to SKIP the cutscene
and quickly run to the door
U now get pass it ^^

U wont get any crash later at this point

jareg

Just A Guy
World Cup said:
u can
quickly press button to SKIP the cutscene
and quickly run to the door
U now get pass it ^^

U wont get any crash later at this point

Its fixed in the next version

johnny_g0

ok here's the problem

the problem is the same problem from the last release. the emu crashes rightwhen the dreamcast emu loads the game (right after the dreamcast intro) i post some pics of the problem. the bios works fine, i think its just the emu wont read my disk and yes they are cd-r bootable. i told the author about this bug on the last release and he told me he would fix it on the next release. it looks like he never fixed it :(.

NewBitmapImage(2).jpg

NewBitmapImage.jpg

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The message says: "You must have a memory card with 34 empty blocks in order to save the game" (or something like that). Just press the start button. :getlost:

Last edited:

mashakos

Found a bug while playing Trickstyle:

Whenver i try to quit a running game from the pause menu, chankast causes an illegal operation error and crashes

morphus56k

Kaillera Representer
johnny_g0 said:
the problem is the same problem from the last release. the emu crashes rightwhen the dreamcast emu loads the game (right after the dreamcast intro) i post some pics of the problem. the bios works fine, i think its just the emu wont read my disk and yes they are cd-r bootable. i told the author about this bug on the last release and he told me he would fix it on the next release. it looks like he never fixed it :(.

NewBitmapImage(2).jpg

NewBitmapImage.jpg

wow like 3 people (including me) posted the same problem ,i wonder if its unfixable.

M

MegaManXGC

Well I have found this REALLY, REALLY Disturbing glitch on Gunrock while playing PowerStone.

mashakos

While playing Trickstyle, I noticed that whenever I tried quitting a game from the pause menu Chankast causes an illegal operation error and crashes.

Don't know if this is a bug or a compatibility issue:

I read that Cosmic Smash was playable so I recently bought the GDROM (what the heck, it's only $10 ) and downloaded the JAP version CD image.

I performed the Echelon 2000 "burn on 2 CD'S" procedure to make a self boot CD (which I've done successfully with 3 other games ) and tried it on Chankast. The game didn't boot and I got the CD Player screen.

So I tried the DOA2 LE technique (the one posted by akito20) and tested that self boot image. Chankast just hanged after displaying the SEGA logo.

BTW I'm using DAEMON tools 3.33 to mount the image

Yawn

As I have mentioned in the DOA2 thread, there seems to be a bug which causes the game to hang/crash during the cutscene between Tina and Zack.

This was confirmed by one other person.

I'm still not really sure if it is really a bug, or if it's a problem with the image, but I thought I'd mention it here anyway.

phantomflanf

Not someone else.
"the problem is the same problem from the last release. the emu crashes rightwhen the dreamcast emu loads the game (right after the dreamcast intro)"

I had this, but I downloaded the latest ATI drivers for my Radeon 7500 and Chankast works now.

So, try downloading new graphics card drivers - I know people always say this. But: it worked for me.

holymoz

ther's always a problem with ikaruga, in the second level there are some crates with little balls that shot at you, the bullets doesn't appear, it's a continue death for apparently no reason.

johnny_g0

phantomflanf said:
"the problem is the same problem from the last release. the emu crashes rightwhen the dreamcast emu loads the game (right after the dreamcast intro)"

I had this, but I downloaded the latest ATI drivers for my Radeon 7500 and Chankast works now.

So, try downloading new graphics card drivers - I know people always say this. But: it worked for me.

i have nvidia geforceMX 440. your telling me all i have to do is update my drivers?? if this is true im going to be so mad :ranting: