What's new

Cel Shading Plugin

OP
L

Lc3

Thanks Smiff for being resident smart person, I was starting to think this thread lacked one.

Yes I did mean a plugin which builds the image from the geometry. I was thinking an actual replacement of the default gfx plugin rather than stacking some hack on top. And like with most things, hardware acceleration would be best. As I said, my NON-NVidia, NON-1337 gfx card can do it.

Heres a re VERY simplified version of my idea;
1. plugin is told to display a frame
2. plugin sends the geometry to the 3d acelerator and tells it to do it with cel-shading
3. Core continues emulating code, goto (1) when next frame needs to be displayed

I probably have a suitable compiler myself however, my knowlege of 3D rendering is poor and I have NO knowlege of plugins or the workings of pj64.

OP
L

Lc3

OK, ive attached a picture of what my video gard can do with hardware acc. Just a little pic.

CLSugarman

you do this, get a rom hacker, extract the rom pictures, import it into Photoshop, change the texture to the cartoon filter in Photoshop, convert back to the N64 texture, and import the textures into the rom. it is quite do-able, but will take some time to do one by one.