What's new

Can't Load any Games

pheonix

Ummm this is my first time using this and i can't seem to load any game. I used the virtual Deamon 3.47 thingy but i still can't get any game to play. Can anyone help me with this or like to give me a guild from a site...

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Read the "windows 2k" question from the FAQ. If you can't run any games after that then the games are not selfbootable.

OP
P

pheonix

i went to Chanka Compatability List and saw the picture (menu) game of street fighter 3 third strike...and i download all those devices, but i can't be able to play it.

edit: btw i have xp and not windows 2000.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Then your game is just not selfbootable. Either make it or use the utopia boot disk.

OP
P

pheonix

Umm...can you give me a guild to how/what is the utopia boot disk and do i have to download it?

OP
P

pheonix

Ok this is so confusing...I tried that and this other thingy called alchol 120% or something but i don't have a clue what to do even though i readed what people say...Now when i open chankast, an error message pop up and say it encounter so problem. I click on send report but nothing happen. I'm so lost, oh yeah i got one more question. how do you know if a game to selfbootale or not? Does it look like a music file when you open it? cause the game that i got if in a music format but it shouldn't be...

IceWarm

You open Alcohol 120% and click Image Burning Wizard, you then browse to where you have the image stored and select it. You then should set recording mode to RAW DAO. Then click the button for the next step. Also read the help files for Alcohol 120%, it is not our job to spoon feed you every single step to record a game disc.

IceWarm

You can either burn the games to CD-Rs and use them with Chankast or you can mount the images with Daemon Tools.

OP
P

pheonix

Nope still doesn't play the game. =\ Whenever i load it, the emulator takes me back to the begining where the dreamcast logo is...

Aleron235

Then your game isn't selfbootable. Find the Utopia Boot Disk, or wait until Chankast supports self-booting by itself. Or use Exoboot to make it bootable.

Then once you have a disk image, mount it with Daemon Tools and play. DC games work okay on CD but kind of clumsy. It's better to mount it on a virtual drive like DT.

OP
P

pheonix

is the utopia boot disk a disk that looks like a +sign and music note? and is located under devices with removavle storage?

IceWarm

No, the boot disc is a CD you use in a real Dreamcast when a game in not selfbooting. You put the boot disc in and then it asks you to swap it and put in the game disc. Chankast right now does not work with the Utopia boot disc. You can get it to load but you can't swap.