What's new

Can you use this USB controller for PJ64?

Tullmann1

Norwegian Viking
I have buyed a Adaptoid from Ztnet and it works great :king:
I do to use the keyboard for multiplayer (2 persons).
I did just saw a USB controller from a local store here in Norway, it is not so expensive, and look like a PS2 controller.
So it had been fun with 3-player (Adaptoid, Keyboard and the new controller :) ) on PJ64 :bouncy:
Can anyone tell me if this work or not? :)

Name of the controller: Saitek P380
p380.jpg

Official website

mutilator

I might also buy an adapter so that I can use my PS2 controller.

1. Is it easy to map/configure the controls? Like, I just click the "A" button on the menu and then press say, the Triangle button on the gamepad? Same with the analog controls? I click L on the menu and push to the left on my analog controller?

2. What are the ideal settings for the C buttons and Z? Because with the 4 C buttons and the A and B buttons, that's 2 more face buttons than the Playstation controller. Are they used a lot in a game?

Thanks.

A.I.

Banned
I recently saw one of those third party PS2 controllers for 20 bucks but instead of a right joystick it had a trackball, how cool is that?

I wonder if the trackball would offer better control than a joystick? It would be perfect for Golden Eye and Perfect Dark.

mastrboy

i bought 2 look-a-like PS2 USB controllers on Ebay for 10$ and they work, so i guess a serious company like saitek creates a controller that will work ;)