What's new

Can you get DOA2 LE JAP to work?

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
Assuming your 1ST_READ.BIN is 2912968 bytes open it with Hex Workshop then:
Edit > Select Block > 983040 (dec) from the begining of the file.
Delete the selection and save your 1ST_READ.BIN that should now be 1929928 bytes.
Get that Seflboot kit and follow the instruction to autoboot the game using the new 1ST_READ.BIN file.
Seems Daemon Tool 3.29 only can mount the built image properly.
doa2le01.jpg

Last edited:

Yawn

Hi, just wondering, since you got DOA2:LE to work, does your copy of the game crash/hang during the cutscene between Zack and Tina?

I'm asking because I want to make sure if my copy is corrupted or not.

Thanks in advance for a response.

suronosuke

i dont see why everyone is going hyper with doa2. have patience i`m sure with furture releases of the emulator it will be fully playable. i dont see why everyone is going hyper with doa2, its a medicore game with um bouncing tits. oh yeah i think i just answered my own question lol

Uplink-one

Banned
Well. Try 2 download other DC-FLASH file. There are a few versions of them, and each of them is changin' performance??? I dunno why? But try it :). I would give u a link to site with DC-FLASH files, but I'm not sure whether it's legal? :(. Here @ this forum...

anyways DOA 2 rulez! :D

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
Yawn said:
Hi, just wondering, since you got DOA2:LE to work, does your copy of the game crash/hang during the cutscene between Zack and Tina?

Yes Chankast 2.0a freeze during that cutscene and won't go further.

Jabaturbo

Squaresoft74 said:
Seems Daemon Tool 3.29 only can mount the built image properly.

I used the modified 1st_read and followed the ECHELON selfboot tutorial. After burning a CD-RW and creating a CDI image it works fine with Daemon 3.46.

Ps. By the way Squaresoft74... care to post your save file? ;)

Last edited:

ultima528

For the people having those iocontrol errors, they should make sure that all the emulation options are selected on for Daemon Tools. That's what my cousin did, and the games he had that were giving that error worked after. He's using Daemon Tools v3.46 also BTW.

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
Jabaturbo said:
Ps. By the way Squaresoft74... care to post your save file? ;)

You can grab it here.
Use ElSemi Vms browser to import the dci file.
If the imported save doesn't work for you , try importing it again into a fully formated vms file ( i had to do that way to get it work)

maxxxp

Yawn said:

I have tried doa2le with ch 0.2 and 0.2a and confirm it freeze during this cutscene, i'm using alcohol.

My system: Athlon xp 2000+ mobile, 512 mb ram, geforce4 go, win xp sp1

Last edited:

mezkal

Man on a mission
suronosuke said:
i dont see why everyone is going hyper with doa2. have patience i`m sure with furture releases of the emulator it will be fully playable. i dont see why everyone is going hyper with doa2, its a medicore game with um bouncing tits. oh yeah i think i just answered my own question lol

MEDIOCRE?! Are you mad? Or just not a beat em up fan? DOA2 is the quintessential fighter my man! Only bettered in some ways by Soul Calibur's RPGish depth. DOA3 on XBOX is good, granted, but its too easy and the characters aren't that better looking than on the DC (some 4 years earlier). Soul Cali 2 is just not the same quality seeing as it was outsourced and so doesn't have that Ninja Team goodness. DOA Ultimate SHOULD be great but time will tell.

Cheers,

Mezkal

Jabaturbo

I agree. A game can't be classified as mediocre just because most people buy it just to see big boucing tits.

It's a great title... with great bouncing tits and all... ;)

OP
Guru64

Guru64

I have a problem with the method you posted, Squaresoft74.

I do everything you said, but the DOA2LE I have does not contain a IP.BIN! What do I need to do?

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
Check the "tools" folder of QuickBoot.
There's a tool called "IpExtractor"
It will allow you to extract the "IP.BIN" from a cdi image.
You also can extract it using Hex Workshop but it's a bit more *tricky*.
Open your image with Hex Workshop and search for this text string:
SEGA SEGAKATANA
Once found, from the S of SEGA:
Edit > Select Block > 32768 (dec)
Copy the selection and past it in a new file ( File > New)
Save that file as IP.BIN and you're done. :)

OP
Guru64

Guru64

Yay! It works now! :D

For al those lazy asses, I attached a .rar file that contains:

-Edited 1ST_READ.BIN
-Copied IP.BIN

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
Good to see you got it working :)
Still i don't think it's a good idea to attach those files here.
Partial or not they're still copyrighted files , just my two cents ;)

jareg

Just A Guy
DOA2LE runs with a fps of 20-30 o my comp :bouncy:
Only when i underclock it to 50 :whistling

ssj2joe

Squaresoft74, what is this Selfboot kit you talk about in your firt post? I don't have a selfboot kit. Can you give me a link to it please? I downloaded a doa2le nero image that says it's selfbootable already but chankast just freeses when it tries to start it... :plain:

S0LAR

jaregs said:
DOA2LE runs with a fps of 20-30 o my comp :bouncy:
Only when i underclock it to 50 :whistling

20 fps (when it should be 60) isnt really playable. not with the games slowing down. would frameskip work in an emulator like chankast?