What's new

Can anybody post me the optimal settings for Super Smash Bros.?

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Hi, I just downloaded the most recent version of 1964. Super Smash Bros. runs almost perfect now (I can even play it in Fullscreen mode!!!), but there are two problems:
- The game runs too fast (almost doublespeed!)
- I don't hear any sound

I use:
- Azi's Audio 0.30
- Jabo's D3D6 1.5

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
since someone would probably say this just to be an arsehole, let me do it now...... ok well first you'll need to place your super smash bros cartridge into the n64 then you have to set the n64 to on, followed by your television to on, um it should work perfectly when thats done. :p J/k as in just kidding

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
jvolel said:
since someone would probably say this just to be an arsehole, let me do it now...... ok well first you'll need to place your super smash bros cartridge into the n64 then you have to set the n64 to on, followed by your television to on, um it should work perfectly when thats done. :p

Same with you and Banjo-Tooie. Quit complaining about it. :plain2:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
theres better things to complain about, how about me? c'mon, you know i'm annoying.. :happy:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
jvolel said:
who's complaining?

remember your thread "banjo-tooie random crash edition" ?

you were asking for help and no one said "go got the game and put it in your n64 and it'll work great"

double standards suck.

Valek

Just a question...why do you have your memory underclocked? Does your mobo not support 133MHz bus?

Valek

No...in your sig, you said your memory is 133MHz, but you have it at 110. That would be underclocking, correct? But yeah, I see where you are coming from. Your CPU supports no higher than 100MHz, so I guess it could be called either under/overclocking depending on who you ask :p

Sorry for getting so off-topic...just had to ask that. (for some reason)

Valek

Ok, sorry for getting off-topic AGAIN, but I just thought of something. Why can you only go to 110MHz FSB? I had a Pentium 2 350MHz system two years ago, with 133MHz memory. Even thought the proecssor only supported 100MHz FSB, I overclocked it to 133MHz with no problems. I bet with some BIOS tweaking you could easily get yours to 133MHz or higher!...maybe...

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yeah, they only had pc-133 memory at the computer shop i go to. My mobo can go to 124mhz, but it's unstable. Most likely for k6-III cpus as they're known to be pretty Overclockable. :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Valek said:
Ok, sorry for getting off-topic AGAIN, but I just thought of something. Why can you only go to 110MHz FSB? I had a Pentium 2 350MHz system two years ago, with 133MHz memory. Even thought the proecssor only supported 100MHz FSB, I overclocked it to 133MHz with no problems. I bet with some BIOS tweaking you could easily get yours to 133MHz or higher!...maybe...

The PII had on-chip L2 cache, and not L2 on the motherboard. The PII's cache ran at full speed while the k6-2's external runs the speed of the fsb.. the k6-2+, k6-3+, k6-3 all have on-die L2 so they can run higher. :)

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
cooliscool said:
jvolel said:
who's complaining?

you were asking for help and no one said "go got the game and put it in your n64 and it'll work great"

double standards suck.

actually someone said play another game and i said that i would love to buy the game if it where avaible anywhere in my area or neighboring areas, anyway who cares :pj64: and :1964: :thumbsup: also i noticed i forgot to put something in that post up there...

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
jvolel said:
cooliscool said:
jvolel said:
who's complaining?

double standards suck.

actually someone said play another game and i said that i would love to buy the game if it where avaible anywhere in my area or neighboring areas, anyway who cares :pj64: and :1964: :thumbsup: also i noticed i forgot to put something in that post up there...

heh, you're right about that! :thumbsup:

OP
F-3582

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Please don't become Off-Topic!

:plain2: Hrm! I didn't post a question to read some crap about over- and underclocking! I just wanted to get a configuration that is the optimum for a game called "Super Smash Brothers" (maybe somebody remembers)!!! :angry:

Pleeeaase! :)

karth95

Lord of the Cats
First off, what do you mean optimum? For me, optimum may be different from for you, but here's what I use.

I use Nrage's 1.81a, cause I like the compatibility with my thrustmaster dual analog. For sound, I use Azi's .40 with use .21 style audio OFF!, and sound fix on, and synch game to audio on.
For graphics, it really depends... I've tried Jabo's 1.5, 1.4, and glide64. All 3 of them work really well for me, honestly.
--Karth

OP
F-3582

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
But the main purpose of a thread is in my opinion to help a person who is asking the main question (correct me, if I'm wrong)

karth95

Lord of the Cats
anymore it's about generating as much spam as possible. In any case, Did I answer your question, or were you looking at more cpu-based settings? for those, I use emu defaults. Make sure you've picked up the .85 ini, seems to help a bit with some roms.