What's new

Buying a new gaming laptop for chankast...Ati Mobility X800 or GeForce 6800Go?

isamu

Hi guys. Well I'm just about to pull the trigger on a killer mobile desktop to take to work and I wanna play some Chankast.....I've decided to go with the *Sager 9860*, as it appears to offer a lot of goodies that I'm looking for.

Anyway what graphics card should I put into my laptop...the Ati Mobility X800 or the nVidia GeForce Go 6800? And why.

Here are the specs....

Windows XP Professional
P4 3.6GHZ w/2MB L2 Cache EM64T (660)
2048 MB 533DDR2 (2 DIMMS)
60GB 7200rpm

Total cost $4200(includes "No dead pixel policy", free shipping, 2 year Warrentech warranty)

I really want to know which gfx to buy between the two and would be interested in knowing which will run Streetfighter III and Daytona Network 2001 better?

Cheers :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Mobility X800. ATi cards don't have the stretched vertices issue that all nVidia cards have with Chankast, and prolly other issues.

OP
I

isamu

Excellent thank you! For what it's worth, Sager will be offering the 6800Go Ultra in about a month or so, but given the comments I've read similar to cooliscool's, I think I'm leaning towards ATI.

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
Well I say Nvidia, but thats just me. I love nVidia compared to ATI --- I got a voodoo in my 2nd pc, then a nvidia geforce 4 ti4200, and now my 6600gt.

KoHaN69

Game-a-holic
ati all-the-way
WHY?
u will have up to 60% more battery life (nvidia 6 series DREANCH power
chankast likes ati more
less power means less overheating
gordon freeman likes ati more
ruby is hotter than a murmaid