What's new

Building a PC for a console ?

truffles

A Pixelating Eskimo
ello hey!

well... dunno.... but do you think what im getting at is a good idea ? and well worth the money ?

what im trying to do is to build a personal computer using computer hardware.... i recently upgraded my vga card.... and my old one has tv-out put....

i could easily connect the cpu to the tv.... and use pc platform peripherals... like gamepads....

i would bring in emulation, and pc games to my cpu.... playing backed up roms from cross platform console systems....

all together i should get a quality computer at retailer stores at around a little bit more then $500 i hope....

this costs around like a ps2 and xbox...

what do you think?
any suggestions ore comments would be cool :) NEGATIVE OR POSITIVE :)

THANKS

TRUFFLES

Reznor007

People do this stuff all the time. They build full sized arcade machines with only a PC inside, using real arcade controls, and run MAME on them. Works great.

Remote

Reznor007 said:
People do this stuff all the time. They build full sized arcade machines with only a PC inside, using real arcade controls, and run MAME on them. Works great.

It sure does, the arcade cabinet idea is one of the key reasons for why arcade emulation, i.e MAME, has progressed so good. If you want to go all the way be sure to check Arcadecontrols, it should contain all the information you are going to need.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
holy cack, i forgot my brothers new pc has a tv-out...im gonna test it tommorow on the tv. wat cable do i need to connect them together and wat resolution does it need to be set to?

linker

Emutalk Member
Depending on the video card. The safe mode is 640x480. On nvidia-s you can use 800x600.

NOvaFX

For 12 Grand.....

I Could Build Him Something.:pj64:
or 300.00 Depending, But That's How I Make My Money.:pj64: