What's new

Boss Key Problem/glitch in Donkey Kong 64

Curious

:eek:

In response to a private message I restarted Donkey Kong 64 last night using NO cheats. I have e-mailed the eeprom save states to the person concerned, but also indicated to them I would post them here.

I have made two eeprom save states one before the first boss and one before the second boss. For the first boss there certainly is a key for the second there definitely is not.

For some reason the eeprom save states place Donkey Kong on DK Isle and not in the respective level. However the levels are open and you have the necessary bananas to enter each boss fight.

This is a fairly major glitch. If you can not obtain a boss key after the second boss you can not possibly progress with the game.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Is this problem unique to me?

Mantis and The Gentleman I would really appreciate your help with this, if you're not too busy. I feel I may require an "obtain boss key cheat" to get around this. Or else an eeprom form someone who may have passed this part.

Thanks in advance,

C.

Ps. I have tried to load the save states on this thread if I have been unsuccessful please send me a private message with your e-mail address and I shall mail the save states to you.

:pj64:

mantis

The eeprom save method is unreliable thats a fact. Tell me did you played in cf4 mode and-or with the cut scenes turned on?
it's a strange phenomeon that for some pj64 user a certain part of the game is playable an unplayable for another one. The solution should be save state swapping.I had no trouble with the bosses.Sorry i can't help you as i'm at the university ( will be a real dentist in two months).

Anyone could help Curius?

OP
C

Curious

Interesting point by Mantis

mantis said:
The eeprom save method is unreliable thats a fact. Tell me did you played in cf4 mode and-or with the cut scenes turned on?
it's a strange phenomeon that for some pj64 user a certain part of the game is playable an unplayable for another one. The solution should be save state swapping.I had no trouble with the bosses.Sorry i can't help you as i'm at the university ( will be a real dentist in two months).

Anyone could help Curius?

I was not fully aware of the above.