blueMSX Launcher v1.14.4 is released. The blueMSX MSX emulator is approaching its third anniversary and in this short time it has established itself as the most advanced and feature rich MSX emulator. It supports most common machines and a wide variety of extension hardware. A feature rich debugger is also included in the emulator.During the last two years, the MSX emulation has been extended and support for other systems have been added. blueMSX is now also an SVI emulator, and supports the ColecoVision and Sega SG-1000, SC-3000, SF-7000 consoles.
- Create and manage multiple databases of all MSX software supported by blueMSX.
- Scan the hard disk to automatically fill launcher databases with ROMs, disks, tapes and hard disks, and sync the database to your hard disk any time later.
- Display one or two screenshots for each game.
- Filter launcher database profiles by medium, system, company, year, country, MSX generation, sound chip and genre, and save these filters for later use.
- Search launcher databases for partial or exact matches.
- Display the text on the launcher using a number of supported languages (English, Catalan, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish).
- Rename game files on disk according to 8.3 format, name in the launcher or in blueMSX databases.
- Customize the background image.
- Calculate SHA1 code of any file and locate it in the launcher or blueMSX databases.
- Export all data to a CSV file.
- Drag files or directories to the launcher window for easy addition to the current database.
- Specify additional information for each game and view it with your viewer of choice or by the file's default viewer.
- Import additional data such as MSX generation, sound chip, genre and Generation-MSX game page from on a supplied database based on data from Generation-MSX website.
- Set the screenshots of database games using a supplied directory that contains screenshots for most of the known MSX software.
- Patch game files with IPS patches.