What's new

Beta testers...

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Keep an eye on your email accounts which you registered for the beta group. I will need you to help find new bugs, bug fixes, and various other critical changes/complications with the new features.

flow``

flow``
azi has already got his beta team. there was a thread quite a while ago where he asked for testers, and you had to email him and register for the group.

i dont think the # of roms you have is the real purpose of testing, but your system setup to test different things on different systems and see what works and doesnt.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It appears to me last time i spoke to azimer that he's not sure if he needs more beta-testers. But don't ask now, 'cuz if he needs more, he'll ask for it.

Boooooommm

The Wanderer
If he needs any, I'm doing nothing right now :p So, I'm available for anything. Wish I knew how to code though :/

milen

Azimer, please give us some status update. What's going with your graphics plugin, is it compitable with all video cards?

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
It is true I am not currently looking for testers... I may desire to add more with Beta2 if I do not get a good response from the current crop of testers. My graphics plugin will not be featured in the next beta and I haven't enabled the "Compatible with All" video card option, nor will it ever be. As long as it works on my nVidia GF2, and by chance works well on my Voodoo2 with WickedGL drivers, then it will be mostly compatible with all cards (except those crap i810s/820s/840s whatever).

Criteria for testing imo is based on the following from most important to least.
1. Attitude
2. Helpfulness (problem solver/trouble shooter/etc.)
3. Clarity (on describing the problem)
4. Time (available to test)
5. System Specs
6. Age
7. Race
8. Sex
9. Religion
10. Favorite Color
11. Number of sex partners
12. Times referred to #bearcave by Rjx
13. if (name == Redah)
14. yadda
15. More crap
16. If you got here you know 6-16 are bogus to prove a point
17. Number of N64 roms available to tester

Though it is true the number of N64 roms impacts the beta testing process, it does not mean a thing next to the other attributes. What good are you if you can't describe a problem to me or you can't find time to test or even you test something completely useless (like CFB in Mario Kart using Jabo's D3D). Bottom line is that I am fairly unchoosey on who I add to the list, but very choosey on who I keep. I take betas seriously and have gotten pretty upset at few testers who have been less then helpful. ok... that is all from my wheat side. *turns* My sweet side is so much friendlier :D

Boooooommm

The Wanderer
You forgot to mention the shitty SIS cards (Silicon Graphics System) I can buy one of those for 5 bux at the flea market brand new. Cheap and crappy stuff. STAY AWAY FROM THEM! My older P2 400Mhz PC came with one of those and it's crap! No 3D stuff ran on it. (Only VGS, but nothing more, unless I selected SOftware Rendering).

cakuhnen

Dear Azimer

Send all beta versions to me to test

PC Specs:
Pentium 4 1.8
Geforce 4 with 128 MB RAM
1.2GH SDRAM
Sound Blaster Live 512 with Dolby Digital
WD 90gb HDD + ...
Windows XP Professional
Wndows 98 Second Edition
Windows 2000 Professional (SP 2)

If your interest in my record engine please read this:

* Record avi 2.0 format, with audio received from plugin's
* Record a high MPEG2, with audio received from plugin's (MPEG Layer 3 format)
* Recording in (320x240) most computer's, (640x480) requires a high computer and i have to add the (800x600) screen resolution later because this resolution crash the emulator.
* You don't need to configure resolution in plugin's to record
* Full Screen recording, only in MPEG2 format
* and much more ....

Send me the emulator, beta source code, video plugin source code and ultimate sound plugin and i implement and back for you
these features, i am advanced programmer.
I program in Microsoft C++.NET
Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
and more...

If your interest? Send to [email protected]

Thank's

CAK Computer Systems, Inc.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
cakuhnen said:
Dear Azimer

Send all beta versions to me to test

PC Specs:
Pentium 4 1.8
Geforce 4 with 128 MB RAM
1.2GH SDRAM
Sound Blaster Live 512 with Dolby Digital
WD 90gb HDD + ...
Windows XP Professional
Wndows 98 Second Edition
Windows 2000 Professional (SP 2)

If your interest in my record engine please read this:

* Record avi 2.0 format, with audio received from plugin's
* Record a high MPEG2, with audio received from plugin's (MPEG Layer 3 format)
* Recording in (320x240) most computer's, (640x480) requires a high computer and i have to add the (800x600) screen resolution later because this resolution crash the emulator.
* You don't need to configure resolution in plugin's to record
* Full Screen recording, only in MPEG2 format
* and much more ....

Send me the emulator, beta source code, video plugin source code and ultimate sound plugin and i implement and back for you
these features, i am advanced programmer.
I program in Microsoft C++.NET
Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
and more...

If your interest? Send to [email protected]

Thank's

CAK Computer Systems, Inc.

Be That as it May but applying to Beta test is over... Now no more Spamming :(