jareg

Just A Guy
Hay Vex you are teasing us

CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT RELEASE :bouncy:
AND DONT FORGET GOOD JOB LIKE ALWAYS :saint:

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
Talas said:
And why are you doing that? Making a Flash Movie or something?
Nope! Just been wanting to have SFIII sprites for a longass time. Game's only been around for seven years, and since CPS3 has just about no chance whatsoever of being emulated, I've been really anxious to find any way at all to rip the sprites. I mean, there's already a VGA box for Dreamcast, so the issue of running DC games on a monitor distortion-free means nothing to me, but the promise of ripping sprites from the more recent Capcom games that can't be emulated anywhere else? SIGN ME UP! That's why I've been following Icarus for the last couple years... >_>
Amusing how Icarus didn't even wind up being the project that would grant me my wish, though. But I have no complaints.
Now if only I could get a way to rip Red Earth sprites... >_>

Zwei_Fuss

Hey Jupiter, fellow spriter!

I have been working on SF3 idle animations for the past week and found a really efficient way of doing it using ImageMagick, a free command-line imaging software. Of course I still use PSP for masking and such, but if you want further details on my process send me a private message and I'll lay it out for you, it'll speed it up for sure! Here is a sample of my latest one:

gill.gif

To see all my gifs go here:

www.uoguelph.ca/~jnowak/images

I've already sent some to Fighter's Generation, so you might see them there.

cheers!

-ZF

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
Nice work, indeed. Whatever your process is, it's faster than mine.
I've been using a little image mask that I toss on top of each sprite so I can quickly see which lines need to be eliminated... in MS Paint. I'm strange like that. You've accomplished a whole lot more than I have, though - I spent most of my time cleaning up an animation of Ken's hadouken by glancing back and forth at New Generation frames on my other monitor (have I mentioned that I can't stand 3rd Strike's fireballs?), which, I'll add, is quite similar to a tactic I was using to forge SFIII sprites for the past couple years when I got bored. I felt proud when I saw just how close my approximations came to the actual sprites; usually, only the color was off. But that's another long, boring story.

Stezo2k

S-2K
achiles said:
I wonder what where the specs of the system running that game cuz it doesnt run faster than 20fps. pretty cool though at least it is emulated.

Nice to see that game emulated, i take it that version is 0.2 :)

nice work

Last edited:

Zwei_Fuss

cooliscool said:
Zwei: Could those animations be sped up?

Well yes and no. If you watch them individually in a browser they might be faster. But I've discovered that I can't get anything below 6/100 to work properly. Therefore most of the animations aren't accurate to the game :(

I think it's just IE doesn't like it or something. I've also noticed on slower computers viewing all those animations on the page at once slows them down as well. I personally hate the animated GIF format, it's so innefficient in how it stores pictures, and there's timing issues and other problems. I think eventually I will just make a flash website or something. I am also frustrated with the timing, so you're not the only one who noticed that.

-ZF

HowardC

Your post's soul is mine!
BlackNinja said:
what happen no news no new release cmon mans fix bug crash plz

I know english isn't your native language so maybe it's a language barrier, but you know that asking for bug fixes and release info constantly on a program that is still in alpha is extremely annoying right?

Phreaky

Phreaky Shat
Just noticed in those DOA2 shots a new screen text has appeared, by the looks of it it appears to be CPU Usage?

mezkal

Man on a mission
BlackNinja said:

Hi My name is BlackNinja....but you can refer to me as L337warezKiddie... I have no manners and no respect. I played a Dreamcast once but it was grey and called a Playstation. It had really cool gfx and l33t penux functions that I would share with Mom....shhh I shouldn't have said that she's coming now.....

Oops

:p

lasly

Joe Silvera
BlackNinja said:

It's People like you that is killing the emulation scene...Haze quit because of people like you , stop this kind of request.. U definlty Suxxx.. :(

lasly

Joe Silvera
BlackNinja said:
next release go fast plz.
ps:fight 3 rounds in marvel x capcom 2 and crash this is dammed ">
GO CHANKAST I WAIT FOR PLAY SHENMUE FOR 3 4 YEARS \o/
GOOD WORK TEAM
transparency problems in bios fix too plz ,other question this is funny in top of screen im read chankast alpha 0.1 next release beta huahuahuaau this is funny hahuhauhahu
have possibilites make eta for next release or no?

Do something.. Ban him.. look at his 3 post...