What's new

Best plugins/emu version for these games.

sigfried.m

Hi, it's me again :p
What plugins can I use for Zelda Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Mario 64?

I have seen here that best plugin for zelda games is Glide64 Wonder Plus. Can I use also the Napalm version? Is the same thing?

For Mario 64 is reccomended Direct64, but don't work with my pc!!!!
With Glide64 game has "pixelous" and squared writing.

Does the new PJ64 version work better with these games? I mean the BETA version. I can pay and download it if work better. What is latest BETA version?

Or I can use always version 1.6. Suggest it to me.

My system specs are: Core2Duo E6600(E8500 coming soon), 4 Gb DDR2 800, GeForce 8800 GTX, Vista Home Premium 64

ThomasH

You will have to join the Bete Team to talk about 1.7. But I will say the newest Beta is showing the best general compatibility so far. Its got rid of a hell of a lot of the graphics glitches and hack as well from many game. I am more a Goldeneye mad my self so cant comment on the games you have said. But many of the members are huge Zelda and Mario fans.

:bouncy:

Clements

Bare in mind that the N64 resolution was only 320x240 in non hi-res modes (640x480 in hi-res), so any upscaling to whatever resolution your PC monitor is may make the 2D elements look either pixelated, badly blended or misaligned. This can be best remedied by using 640x480 with TV-out + a SDTV with most graphics plugins. Glide64 has a bunch of options to smooth out pixels too.

OP
S

sigfried.m

Where can I find Hi-res packs?
For smooth pixels is good 2xSai of Jabo plugin, but it haven't some effects presents in Glide.

ThomasH

Ok....but Hi-res packs?

Have a look at some of the sub forums above the Project64 one. The High resolution textures projects thread is a good one, there are also some good ones dotted about under other threads, if you do a search they should pop up.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Look in the hi-rez pack forum in the 1964 section. OMG, the board has a SEARCH button! :O:O:O