What's new

best plugin for which videocard?

Heinster

Like for the psx eu there's an interesting list which graphiccard works best for which plugin.... Is there one for n64 emulation?

Clements

I reckon, based on experiences of other board members and my own experience using two different cards, something like this:

Rice's Daedalus
+Works best with any GeForce MX cards

Jabo's
+Works best with any above spec. card

Glide64
+Works best with Voodoos, or any card with eVoodoo

TR64 OpenGL
+Works great with any Radeon cards and powerful GeForces

glN64()
+Works great with powerful Radeons and GeForces

Requirements [least to most demanding] estimates:

Glide64 (with a Voodoo) > Jabo's > Rice's Daedalus > Glide64 + eVoodoo >TR64 OpenGL > glN64()

Note: Game compatibility varies from plugin to plugin so you can't really use just one plugin like you can with PSX emulation.

Burglar

Hello!

First of all, sorry for my English...
-------------------------------------
I think that Jabo's plugin is the best now, because this plugin do not have problems with all modern video cards...
All other plugins work fine with one videocards and can't normal work with other...
I use Jabo's plugin in 95% of all my games...

Bye!

straight

Clements said:
Note: Game compatibility varies from plugin to plugin so you can't really use just one plugin like you can with PSX emulation.

:bounce:

Since I've got a Voodoo3 card, I've only ever tried Glide64. With this new release, are there any games I should try with Jabo's or Rice's graphics plugin?

:robot:

Clements

At the rate Gonetz is going, in the next release Glide64 should be able to run most games that Jabo's can... if the next Glide64 can run CBFD, there probably be no need for Jabo's plugin for a Voodoo card.