What's new

Best GeForce graphics driver for Chankast

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Hi,

Just reformatted my comp. and was wondering what graphics driver version users have found works best with Chankast.

Graphics card is a GeForce 440MX.

Thanks in advance. :)

BTW: Found the whineing about the new version in the previous thread above all else embarressing. I have to admit I was hoping that the posts would be removed before the developers had a chance to view them. But I realise that the consideration of others being able to express their (even if ungrateful) views on this board cannot just be stamped upon. Seeing that I rarely post on this board (but visit it regularly), I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of these people, and would point out that their views are certainly not those held by the vast majority of people here. Nearly all are grateful for the amount of time , effort (physical and mental), and generosity contributed by all emu/plugin/tool developers.

Thankyou again.

Last edited:

Aks

I'm using the Nvidia ForceWare 61.80 Beta Drivers on my NvidiaFX 5200 and I great great speeds/performance

Strange

61.80.... Its useless to use such a drivers on crappy FX5200 or even FX5XXX - its good for 6800...

rcgamer

the old guy
Strange said:
61.80.... Its useless to use such a drivers on crappy FX5200 or even FX5XXX - its good for 6800...

uuugh......there are still improvements for geforce owners with the 60 series drivers. also driver bug fixes with games etc.

I am using 61.71 drivers.

mezkal

Man on a mission
Strange, you're wrong. In addition to what rcgamer said, The FX range all have benefited enormously from the 61.xx driver set. Just becase some ppl start posting rumours that the 61.32-61.80 is Geforce 6800 only, don't repeat that rubbish here.

I have both a 5200 and a 5900XT, neither of which are 6800s (unless of course you're crazy!) and both have improved in performance and graphical detail quite considerably since I installed the 61.32 - 61.80 driver sets. Just because 61.71 and 61.80 support SM 3.0 doesn't mean I don't see some improvement.

Sheesh.

mezkal

Last edited:

spaffdog

forgive me for being dense.. but where are the series 60 drivers... nvidia homepage still has 57.

Last edited:

lucindrea

Strange said:

unless i hear that from a nivida programer i'll keep getting the newest versions

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
for nvidia cards pre-FX series, its best using the 45.xx set for best performance, tho i must admit i tried the 60.71 drivers on my Geforce 4 Ti4200 and it proved to run at a very nice speed.

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
right click on the desktop and click properties, goto the settings tab then click advanced, youll see a nvidia tab in there, click it and it says down the bottom.

foogy: directx 9.0c comes with service pack 2, when that is released, 9.0c will be as well.

Windmaster

EmuTalk Ninja
What's the point of selecting a specific version of the driver, wouldn't it be best just to keep up to date with the newest one?