What's new

Best GameBoy Emulator?

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I've been itchin' to play Pokemon lately, for some odd reason... :/ Well, can you guys help me out? I dont need an election speech, just say the best one. Thank you!

Allnatural

Wouldn't this fall under the "depends who you ask" column? Are you afraid to get your hands dirty; try a few yourself? There are some out there that still think Nesticle is the best NES emulator, so I take all opinions of such matters with a grain of salt.

Anyway, I like VBA. Best? Maybe...

-Shadow-

Banned
Allnatural said:
Anyway, I like VBA. Best? Maybe...

I don't think it's the best , it has incompatibilities with gba videos .

It's really hard to find a very best emu , because everyone has it's weaknesses and advantages .

-Shadow-

Banned
Wrong context... i don't download an emu to watch videos , i downloaded it to play TeH_r0Mz ! But then i've stumbled onto this Sonic X Video for GBA . It's already fantastic to see what the Gameboy advance has for resources , but it isn't really worth buying the cartridge , because the quality is really that what i've expected for a GBA ! ( Screenshot ! Also the sound starts stumbling past 6 minutes , it's reported to stumble on a real GBA aswell )

VBA would be really ultimate if the color modes for GBA Videos would be enabled !

revl8er

That Damn Good
VBA probably has the best compatability of the gba emulators out now. For videos, I read that you should use an older version to watch the videos. For roms though, I would say use VBA since it has great compatability.

smcd

By "GameBoy" which edition do you mean? There have been several, by the way. (With pokemon on them since the Color edition, at least)...

For GB/GBC, I find bgb and TGB Dual to be nice, for GBA, VisualBoy Advance and RascalBoy Advance.

OP
Jimbot

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Thanks for the help guys, although I was more looking for the Game Boy emu's, not GBA emu's. I still got what I needed, and found out what to get for GBA. Ill probly just VBA if I want it.