What's new

Bargin Xbox

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
I managed to get hold of a brand new Xbox for £59.99 yesterday. It was in perfect condition but was reduced because it had no controller. I bought the offical controller from game today for £14.99.

So a perfect condition, brand new Xbox for £74.98, bargin or what?

Now all I need to do is get it modded, has anyone done it themselves?
I have a quote of £40 for someone to do it and put other software on.

I think that’s a safer bet, being as I don't own a soldering iron.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Not that its the same kind of bargain, I ordered 2 * Infiniti 25 DVD-R's and Ebuyer (the fools) sent me 4 of them! heheh.

Well done on yer XBox bargain.

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
ScottJC said:
Not that its the same kind of bargain, I ordered 2 * Infiniti 25 DVD-R's and Ebuyer (the fools) sent me 4 of them! heheh.

Well done on yer XBox bargain.
I got (3 packs of) 25 dvd-rs for $10 each (Canadian) on sale from $50... good sale. 100 was $35 but they were all out... and 200 was $60 but again they were all out... I got the last of them they had in stock.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
No you misunderstand, ebuyer sent me 4 of them instead of 2.. by mistake... I am too evil to tell them :p

smegforbrain

I recently picked up a pack of 100 DVD+R's at 4x speed for $30 from J&R Music & Computer World via Amazon.com

Ok, they're only 4x, but so what? :)

2fast4u

good price for all i can tell :)

as far as i have looked into it a lot of modchips dont require soldering anymore so it shouldnt be too critial now. personally i went the softmodding way with my xbox so i didnt need a modchip. depending on what you want to do that might be an option.

OP
Niggy G

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
I just really want to run homebrew and still be able to go on xbox live.

From what ive read i'd need to buy a couple of screwdrivers, the mod-chip and the soldier (if I choose that type). Its going to come to almoast what i would pay the guy anyway so i might as well get him to do it.

Cheers for the info!

2fast4u

you are probably best of checking out xbox-scene's tutorials to decide which way to go :) keep in mind with a modchip xbox live wont work unless you get one that can be turned off. microsoft bans users that have altered xboxs.

Stezo2k

S-2K
Well done, nice bargain, its quite hard to get a decently priced xbox, i paid 100 for mine last year with 2 games, which wasn't too bad at the time