What's new

Banjo Kazooi/Tooie/Conker BFD Choppy... At 60fps?

dante_2003

All of these games run very choppy (at 60fps) for some reason, but on 1964 they work way better. Why don't I just use 1964 you ask? Because I've already gotten fairly far in these games b4 I realized that 1964 could run it so much better, and when I try to import the save state it never loads on 1964 (yeah, i unzipped it)... but that's all besides the point. The point is, how can I get it working on PJ64 like I would with 1964? Thanks again.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
dante_2003 said:
All of these games run very choppy (at 60fps) for some reason, but on 1964 they work way better. Why don't I just use 1964 you ask? Because I've already gotten fairly far in these games b4 I realized that 1964 could run it so much better, and when I try to import the save state it never loads on 1964 (yeah, i unzipped it)... but that's all besides the point. The point is, how can I get it working on PJ64 like I would with 1964? Thanks again.

Hint: NATIVE SAVES EXIST IN ALL THESE GAMES (Gasp! Oh no! What a daring concept!)

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
I think the native saves should be the same... the game is the same, and its just like taking you mem pack to a friends (sort of). So, I don't see why it wouldn't work, if you used the same controller setup (different setups use different file types). If you don't know how to do this, ask ( i don't want to type it if you know

OP
dante_2003

dante_2003

Um... There's an import Project 64 Save State option on 1964 for those of you who didn't know, and obviously that's pretty much all of u : /. It works with Banjo Kazooie and others but not Conker's Bad Fur Day 4 some reason... it just freezes. LOL, notice I said that was besides the point and that's all you guys posted about... didn't even find out how to solve the problem yet. Anyhow, if you know how to fix this problem then please reply. Thx.

Allnatural

As was mentioned, it's a core problem. The timing is off a bit in PJ64, so there's nothing you can do about that. As was also mentioned, the native saves are cross-compatible. Since loading the state isn't working, just drop the .eep into your 1964 save directory. You'll need to rename the file though; add the crc to the filename. Should be easy to figure out.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Allnatural said:
As was mentioned, it's a core problem. The timing is off a bit in PJ64, so there's nothing you can do about that. As was also mentioned, the native saves are cross-compatible. Since loading the state isn't working, just drop the .eep into your 1964 save directory. You'll need to rename the file though; add the crc to the filename. Should be easy to figure out.

I'm planning to make a Project64 v1.5 RDB to get rid of most of the timing problems.