What's new

ATI Radeon 9200

talker

Hi,
I'm wondring if anyone have installed a ATI Radeon 9200 grapich card on a Dell computer?

I know it's not the top of the line card, but it is better then onboard intel grapich card I have.

If anyone is wondering, it is a Dell Dimension 2400 model.

Sorry for my bad english, but I hope you got my point.

flowrent

Hey dont worry ,that card can still run a few nice games because it has pixel shader 1.1 .
On the minimum resolution and details yeah, but they will work .
And i hope it's anyhing but 9200se ,so it better be 9200 or 9200 Pro .
----------
You are wondering if it will work ? There's no reason why it shouldn't .
Your MB should have at least Agp 4x .
----------
EDIT: Hey look it has Pixel Shader 1.4 !!

Last edited:
OP
talker

talker

flowrent said:
Hey dont worry ,that card can still run a few nice games because it has pixel shader 1.1 .
On the minimum resolution and details yeah, but they will work .
And i hope it's anyhing but 9200se ,so it better be 9200 or 9200 Pro .
----------
You are wondering if it will work ? There's no reason why it shouldn't .
Your MB should have at least Agp 4x .
----------
EDIT: Hey look it has Pixel Shader 1.4 !!
That's god to know, but I can't install the damn card. Anyone got any driverfiles that works?
Those that I found at ATI.com didnt work on this computer.

TerraPhantm

ATis catalyst drivers should work for every radeon out there... make sure you have .net framework installed (for Catalyst Control Center)

OP
talker

talker

TerraPhantm said:
ATis catalyst drivers should work for every radeon out there... make sure you have .net framework installed (for Catalyst Control Center)
Naah, It wont work. My computer wont event reconize the card anymore. It did it the second time i'd tryed to install it.

TerraPhantm

Well I can't think of anything really, the Catalyst drivers are supposed to work with everything from the original "Radeon" to the X1900XTX. Unless the bios on your 9200 is screwed up so that it misidentifies itself, the drivers should install.

flowrent

Make sure you remove all the drivers of the onboard video card and set in the bios the agp card as primary display .