What's new

Are you importing a Wii at launch?

Will you import a Wii?

• Hell yes, screw the Japanese text!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Hell no, I'll wait til I can actually read the instructions.

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Well seeing as it's the only next gen machine which won't carry a "worldwide launch", I thought it would be interesting to see how many of us are going to pre-order.

The_Z

"The_A"
I'd love to, but I'd rather just wait a bit longer for it to come out in the states. :p By the way, when is the release date?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
No, I think I'll wait for it to come to US before importing it. Seeing as it's probably region locked, that means I'll have to import japanese games or some workaround that won't be available at launch.
Launch date has not been released. Nintendo said they will announce in september.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I'm rather wait till its fully english, besides Zelda: Twilight Princess is all I want from Nintendo and thats coming out for Gamecube anyway.

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
I'll be importing mine.

As long as Lik-Sang or Play-Asia don't hike up the prices - which they don't normally do.

Stezo2k

S-2K
I wont be, i'd rather play one before I get one. Depends if I adjust to the gameplay style tbh

Hopefully the games lineup will be better than the gamecube

Cid

I'm not. The Release date between Japan and US should be within a couple of week from each other.

imad

I would import mine from US or Asia if it is not region locked since it would cost less than in Europe.

BlueFalcon7

Wii is coming to America, so I will just wait for it to come, then I will mod the heck out of it.

But doom, its been bothering me, About your avatar and that kind of stuff. You were all like Location: Hell, the grim reaper for an avatar, and that kind of stuff, what is your avatar supposed to be?

Doomulation

BlueFalcon7 said:
But doom, its been bothering me, About your avatar and that kind of stuff. You were all like Location: Hell, the grim reaper for an avatar, and that kind of stuff, what is your avatar supposed to be?
That's ancient past. It's beyond me now, and has been for a long time. Never did anything about it, just, really. And what change the handle? It's just... a handle.

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
I've got to admit I'm suprised at the lack of people wanting to import!

Doomulation

It causes a lot of problems, doesn't it? I mostly import. From US. Since I actually don't live there.

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
ScottJC said:
I'm rather wait till its fully english, besides Zelda: Twilight Princess is all I want from Nintendo and thats coming out for Gamecube anyway.
Wait, isn't it coming out for Wii?

Anyway, it's not smart to grab something just when it comes out, language difference or not.

i prefer to wait awhile to see whether it is worth the money to buy one.
besides, prices go down anyway :p

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Cheezyphil said:
Wait, isn't it coming out for Wii?

Anyway, it's not smart to grab something just when it comes out, language difference or not.
Newsflash, Zelda Twilight Princess was meant to be released last year, they've made us wait ages and I can guarentee that it'll be one of the most sought after games of the year. In any case i've waited long enough for that game and I know it will not come down in price. The game is being released on both consoles. Chances are it'll go the way of ocarnia of time and it'll be incredibly difficult to get a hold of.

Sometimes you've just got to have something, right? I'd rather have Zelda than the Wii.