What's new

Arcade Emulation Problems.

Jaydo

Confused New Guy
There may have been something about this in the past, I'm not sure, couldn't find anything..

I have been running Kawaks for a while, it runs fine, BUT it won't allow controllers, which I really want to use, mainly for SVC Chaos.

from what I have read, MAME and MAME32 allow controllers, and can run SVC.

I have both programs, I can't get MAME to even run, and I can't find button configs on MAME32, or even add to it's gamelist.

I am using a PSX to USB converter to use my PSX controller, just make matters a bit more awkward.

If anyone can help, I will be very thankful.

So to sum it up. I can't get an emulator that allows joysticks to run SVC, help me any way you can, please.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Any version of WIN KAWAKS supports controls, you need to go to Game|Redefine Keys|Player 1... and as long as windows recognizes the control so does kawaks, you just click the box and then press a button on the control, remember to load the game you want to configure first though. Then you can even set up a default game config.

OP
J

Jaydo

Confused New Guy
I should've checked this out earlier,

so, it is the controller itself that is giving me problems. apparently, installing did nothing.

So I'm updating my Direct X in hopes of that being the problem.. but if it isn't the problem, anyone have any ideas why this problem could be?

the drivers I am using for the PSX to USB adapter are what everyone else has used with success, and I am using a normal psx controller, one of the white ones that come with the compact ps1 models.

Windows just won't recognize the adapter in my usb, and reinstalling the drivers hasn't done anything for me.. I'll post if the direct x update solves the solution.

Direct X 9 updating didn't work. crap. Whenever I unplug/replug the device, it says it can't recognize it.. I get the feeling that it is faulty hardware.. but I dunno. any ideas, yet again?

Last edited:

Allnatural

If you're using any post-98 Windows OS you shouldn't need drivers. If Windows simply won't "see" your adapter (you've checked the Gaming Options applet in the control panel, right?) then yes, you may have a hardware problem. Do other devices work in your USB port(s)? Have you tried connecting the adapter to a different computer?

I suppose it could be a Windows problem as well, but I don't know how you'd go about fixing that. A google search may help.

btw, SVC Chaos won't work in MAME (or its derivatives), or Kawaks for that matter unless you have a hacked version.

OP
J

Jaydo

Confused New Guy
After school I'm going to try the adapter in my cousin's computer, if that doesn't work, I'm returning the product..

Radioshack isn't a bastard in the return policy area is it?

and yeah, my SVC is a bootleg hack, it works fine in Kawaks.

I hope I get this working soon.

sb iq

How did you guys get it to work on MAME32? It doesn't show up in the list.

What port of MAME does run SNK Vs. Capcom SVC Chaos?

Last edited:

Allnatural

sb iq said:
How did you guys get it to work on MAME32? It doesn't show up in the list.

What port of MAME does run SNK Vs. Capcom SVC Chaos?
According to MAWS, support was added in .103u2. So long as you have a correct rom, the neogeo bios, and a recent version of MAME, all should be well.

Was it really necessary to dig up three fucking threads for the same question though?

sb iq

Allnatural said:
According to MAWS, support was added in .103u2. So long as you have a correct rom, the neogeo bios, and a recent version of MAME, all should be well.

Was it really necessary to dig up three fucking threads for the same question though?

Yes.

Last edited:

smcd

sb iq said:

Being a jerk, especially to mods, is a good way to get a (temporary or greater) ban - as is rummaging through lots of dead threads to discuss the exact same thing in each.

sb iq

Hey, I'm not the one spouting profanities about it. What's wrong with just telling someone their mistake nicely?

Anyway--in an attempt to be productive--if anyone else is wondering what the correct ROM is, it is ~80MB.

There are a lot of copies around ~40MB that don't work correctly.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The encrypted svc.zip is the official dump of the game and will not work as is in NeoRAGEx, Kawaks nor Nebula. Kawaks and Nebula need decrypted C's and NeoRAGEx only plays the fixed svcplus set.

In NeoRAGEx's case, the game will freeze at the pre-fight dialogue. The EGCG version of NeoRAGEx plays the game correctly.

Allnatural

sethmcdoogle said:
Being a jerk, especially to mods, is a good way to get a (temporary or greater) ban - as is rummaging through lots of dead threads to discuss the exact same thing in each.
Nah, I won't ban. I'm actually interested in the psychology of gravedigging. Does he feel that the brute force approach will yield the speediest and/or most accurate response? Is he a lonley shut-in that wants to create as many potential conversation topics as possible? A short-term memory glitch that causes him to forget that he just posted the same question (twice) already?

I really want to know. :)

smcd

I've done some "gravedigging" a few times but usually on accident as I wasn't careful to pay attention to thread dates when doing a search.

sb iq

Yeah, I made that same accident, sethmcdoogle. I also thought the threads were in separate forums and so I posted in each and bookmarked them.

Allnatural, I don't see the purpose of being so rude and making assumptions about me.

Anyway, I sincerely apologize to you, Allnatural--who is a very civilized person and not mentally challenged--for ruining your day and causing you to exert precious energy in moving your mouse and clicking a few buttons to close 2 topics, as well as causing mental stress in figuring out how to click those buttons. I understand why you were so angry afterwards. That must have been a difficult and painstaking task for someone with your type of mental capacity!

I promise not to do anything this horrible again. I've learned my lesson. Internet message boards are a serious business!

Last edited:

smcd

By the way, svc chaos works fine in mame 106 (if the set passes verification with clrmame) ;)

sb iq

I got it to work in the command line version of MAME. I don't know if it works on any other ports of MAME with a GUI. I can't get it to work on MAME32, though.

Allnatural

sb iq said:
I also thought the threads were in separate forums and so I posted in each and bookmarked them.
So it was the brute force approach...

Checked MAME32 .106, and SVC Chaos is in the "working" list. I also went to the trouble of downloading the rom (been meaning to try that game anyway), and...it works.

If the mentally challenged can handle that, I'm sure you can too.

Last edited:

sb iq

The latest MAME32 released is 0.95? I download all my emulators from Zophar and that is the latest one they have.

I tried downloading it from the MAME32 homepage, but they require that I pay for a gamespy account in order to download their files.

That, and they seem to be down at the moment.

sb iq

Hmmm. Well I just found out right now that a free account at Fileplanet is possible so I downloaded the latest MAME32.

I unzipped all my Neo Geo BIOS ROM files in the roms folder and placed the SVC ROM in there and audited all the games.

It doesn't show up in my list of available games though.