What's new

Application error

punisher001

Everyone gets what he deserves
Hi guys. I have downloaded the latest beta of Dolphin but when i try to boot a game i get an error that looks like this below:

(Y is a variable cause i do not remember the right numbers now)

dolphin.exe - Application error

The instruction at 0xYYYYYYY reported to memory at 0xYYYYYY. Memory wasn't possible to be "read".

Click button "OK" to terminate the application

Click button CANCEL to handle the errors of the problem

OK Ccancel

My OS is in Greek so if i post a screenshot i dont think you ll understand so i have transalated the error in English. I hope you can help me!

Bye!

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Pretty strange,
could you give the following information:
OS name
System specs
Driver versions and such...?

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Windows isn't happy with something. Make sure that DirectX 9 and that the right plugins are installed.

MeRXa

Similar problem

Well, I have that kind of issue, but in my case it's very weird cuz my emu crashes too when booting a game, but ALSO WHEN I ADD A GCM PATH. Funny error :p. I have too downloaded this shader fix or something like that and nothing. So could you please tell me what problem could be?

P.S.: Excuse me for my english, folks :party:

DOGG

sounds like it might be a corrupt gcm.... if you have it in the path you're adding. try removing it and adding the path. see if that's ok first.

OP
punisher001

punisher001

Everyone gets what he deserves
System Specs are written down now
Driver Version: The latest, i think

There is no chance for my GCMs to be corrupted cause 1)they are playable using the previews versions of dolphin 2)i have many GCMs so it is impossible all to be corrupted and 3) i am an experienced user :)

MeRXa

so do i, i tried in other paths but nothing, and bust-a-move 3k worked in previous version (also it ran once on 1.03 but i don't know why), these are my specs: Windows XP SP2, AMD64 3000+, GeForce 6600GT, 1024 RAM. I too have the latest drivers installed and DirectX 9c

MeRXa

well, i solved one part, now i can add a gcm path, i just had a corrupted gcm or something, but now it works. Now it only crashes when running a game (it says there is an error on sdl.dll, so i'll seek 4 another ver of this file to see how does it works)

MeRXa

Hey, punisher, use "Dolphin PAD Plugin (new)", worked 4 me. I prefer nJoy 0.2 plugin, and I can switch to it again while ingame with no problems, try it.

DOGG

punisher001 said:
System Specs are written down now
Driver Version: The latest, i think

There is no chance for my GCMs to be corrupted cause 1)they are playable using the previews versions of dolphin 2)i have many GCMs so it is impossible all to be corrupted and 3) i am an experienced user :)
I was referring to the other guy who couldn't even add a rom path... should've quoted him i guess.