What's new

Apollo's compatibility level

sirss

gauntlet legends

thanks i tryed it useing that save cant get that trick to work i must confess i allready heard about that but still cant get it ta work but wizerd dude in that save looks cool couldnt get it it exit tryed saveing and change plugin trick but anyway atleast the screen in centerd now in gauntlet just black at bottom where says level and powerup stuff and about 20 fpt mostly speed doesnt blink as much as did before sound slow and garbled alittle still someone might fix guantlet legend perefect someday all can do is wait couldnt get sound with apollo useing project64 plug ins . anyway thanks fer help , o the 1964 save wouldnt ever stop downloadeing that save fer gauntlet .

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Doomulation said:

Would you mind to tell what?

sorry for replying so late.
here is a link

http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q1/020107/p42200-11.html

from that link on you can see how the Athlon XP chips beats the "holy shit" out of the Intel Pentium4

AMD loses on: SiSoft Memory Bench (big time) and NewTech Lightwave 7b. Thats 2 of the 19 other catagories

If you look at the pages and are noticing that the Intel chip is always at the top also notice the MHz on the chips themselves. It's a 2200 MHz Intel chip against a 1666 MHz chip, a 534MHz difference. (thats over half a GHz ya'know!)

I :inlove: AMD :thumbsup:

Azimer

Emulator Developer
sirss said:
whats the odds fer gauntlet ledgends every working Azimer ? would look great. project64 came close can run around the tower not as much fun as acully playing it thow lol . would look as good as dreamcast version on the pc if youll ever fix it :)

Only time can tell... I would love to see it since I own the game. It seems I own the hard to emulate roms :)

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
I have P3 550 MHz and Apollo runs fine for certainly. Most games it is as fast as (if not faster) than PJ and 19.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Malcolm said:

sorry for replying so late.
here is a link

http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q1/020107/p42200-11.html

from that link on you can see how the Athlon XP chips beats the "holy shit" out of the Intel Pentium4

AMD loses on: SiSoft Memory Bench (big time) and NewTech Lightwave 7b. Thats 2 of the 19 other catagories

If you look at the pages and are noticing that the Intel chip is always at the top also notice the MHz on the chips themselves. It's a 2200 MHz Intel chip against a 1666 MHz chip, a 534MHz difference. (thats over half a GHz ya'know!)

I :inlove: AMD :thumbsup:
This is truly facinating! A 500 MHz diffrence and AMD still beats Intel at stuff.
Just imagine how good the new AMD processors will become :satisfied

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
OK, back on topic... what about Indiana Jones? I've got the PC vers and was wondering how well they were able to pack a 1 gig game into 64 megs...

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
i quote the captain of the Titanic's answer to the question on whether the boilers will be damaged along the way:
"as if they fucking will."

Azimer

Emulator Developer
The Khan Artist said:
OK, back on topic... what about Indiana Jones? I've got the PC vers and was wondering how well they were able to pack a 1 gig game into 64 megs...

Is there only one variant of this game? I have messed with it and found where it froze in Apollo. By adding some hacks, I got it to run. I removed the hacks, because I know I need a compatible graphics plugin to use this rom. I don't remember what the title is called that I tried. Same thing goes for many unemulateds. I have gotten them running, but it doesn't seem like there is a compatible gfx dll capable of displaying graphics. Perhaps if you told me the title name, I could confirm if it "works". I would have to do furthur rom hacking to make it completely playable.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
64 megs? My bad. That was supposed to be 32... The only dump I know of is Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (U) [!].

And maybe if you release your patches, Dave and icepir8 and other people can start working on the gfx...

Azimer

Emulator Developer
hehe.... the patches are QUITE volatile and timing sensitive. It is not worth releasing those patches... but rather get the rom to work without patches and share this information with other emulator authors.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
lol, u dont understand english very well.

1 DO NOT ask to be beta tester

2 DO NOT ask for the next release

Dominator

Azimer said:
hehe.... the patches are QUITE volatile and timing sensitive. It is not worth releasing those patches... but rather get the rom to work without patches and share this information with other emulator authors.

So true .. sometimes the UltraHLe code looks likes a huge patches database. This is both volatile and certainly not the best way to easily reach a high and reliable compatibility level.