What's new

Any Earthbound fan(atics)s here?

linemu

Are there any Earthbound fans here? I love that game.... It was the first RPG I played through. When I first saw screenshots I thought it looked so ugly that nothing could get me to play it. I downloaded the ROM anyways, and started playing under the context of: "I'm just playing it to see how dumb it is". Eventually I started to really like the game, Heck I even started to like the graphics! And now of course the RPG is my favorite genre (before I was an absolute RPG hater). Does anyone else like this Game?

If you haven't played it... play it and ignore the graphics!

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
I think the game looks great... always have. Especially a few of the battle backgrounds... darnit, I'm so obsessed with visualisers, I can just stare at stuff like that for hours...

Anyway, I got the game within a week of its release (though I've lost the box and player's guide :cry: ). Still have my cart though! ^^!

The game actually looks worse emulated - the colours are horribly overbright, much like Chrono Trigger's. Everything looks much more muted, and blends better, on my SNES...

OP
linemu

linemu

Tagrineth said:
I think the game looks great... always have. Especially a few of the battle backgrounds... darnit, I'm so obsessed with visualisers, I can just stare at stuff like that for hours...

Anyway, I got the game within a week of its release (though I've lost the box and player's guide :cry: ). Still have my cart though! ^^!

The game actually looks worse emulated - the colours are horribly overbright, much like Chrono Trigger's. Everything looks much more muted, and blends better, on my SNES...

Really? it looks worse on the emulator? That's interesting... wish I had a SNES. :(
Actually I set it on scan-lines and bilinear filtering on zsnes, which makes it a little softer and darker.

Clements

I love this game! I think I first played it in 2002 and I loved it so much. It's a great shame it wasn't released in the UK since it's one of the most amusing games I've ever played!

linemu said:
Are there any Earthbound fans here? I love that game.... It was the first RPG I played through. When I first saw screenshots I thought it looked so ugly that nothing could get me to play it. I downloaded the ROM anyways, and started playing under the context of: "I'm just playing it to see how dumb it is". Eventually I started to really like the game, Heck I even started to like the graphics! And now of course the RPG is my favorite genre (before I was an absolute RPG hater). Does anyone else like this Game?

If you haven't played it... play it and ignore the graphics!

This pretty much goes the same for me, it was a very awesome game, much like the other games i played back then. :)